• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tripod help for digiscp (1 Viewer)

falconer2

the tripod i use now shakes and quivers when i press the shutter button. i believe i need a new tripod. a few of my fellow birders use gitzo here in Canada i was looking (online) at the gt 1541 and the gt 1540. both have 4 sections. my present tripod uses 3 sections. are 4 better than 3? both gitzo's are cf.
will i need to use the timer on my camera or will the tripod (either one) keep my scope and camera vibration free?
thank you for all help. believe me i need it. its a hefty investment.

3 or 4 sections doesn't really matter -its the quality of the tripod legs themselves (prob can't go to wrong with gitzo)
its still a good idea to use remote shutter/timer -often its touching the camera button which introduces some tiny cam vibration - a good tripod helps -as does having it securely spiked into the ground, and having a head which has a much greater weight capacity than your rig. imo the head /tripod should be reported to carry twice the weight of your rig
keeping out of the wind helps also

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back