• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

773 Prominar or 881? (1 Viewer)

rb_stern

Richard stern
I'm in the market for a new scope, and I'm seriously looking at one of the new Kowas - for general birding + digiscoping. The 773 has the Prominar glass, but a slightly smaller objective, and the 881 has the non-Prominar glass but more light-gathering power. They are fairly similar in price at Eagle Optics. (The 883 is above my price limit).

2 questions - 1). Which would be the better scope?, and 2), For either, how would the 20-60X zoom compare to the 30X WA eyepieces for these uses?

Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard

I think if I was in your position I would go for the 773 with the ED glass, I seen these scopes in the flesh and they great little scopes given that they have a 77mm objective. As for the eye piece the zoom is a great piece of kit and matches any of the fixed ones for performance, plus you have the flexibility of the zoom, I would'nt be with out mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back