• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Patch Latvia (1 Viewer)

Marijus Vicentas

Latvian Birder
Though i'd tell you about my 'patch' which is actually my garden but it is 200 acres of land and 60 acres of lakes. Here are the birds that breed on my land

Mute Swan 15 pairs
Whooper Swan 6 pairs
Wigeon 2 pairs
Gadwall 15 pairs
Teal 50 pairs
Mallard 70 Pairs
Garganey 20 pairs
Shoveler 7 pairs
Pochard 30 Pairs
Tufted Duck 20 Pairs
Goldeneye 15 Pairs
Red Breasted Merganser 2 Pairs
Gossander 15 Pairs
Hazel grouse 5 Pairs
Capercallie 7 Pairs
Grey partridge 20 pairs
Quail 3 Pairs
Little Grebe 10 pairs
Great Crested Grebe 20 Pairs
Red necked Grebe 6 Pairs
Bittern 2 Pairs
Black Stork 5 Pairs
White Stork 20 Pairs
Honey Buzzard 5 Pairs
Black Kite 2 Pairs
White Tailed Sea eagle 1 Pair
Marsh Harrier 3 Pairs
Montagu's harrier 2 Pairs
Goshawk 2 Pairs
Sparrowhawk 4 Pairs
Buzzard 6 Pairs
Lesser Spotted eagle 5 Pairs
Osprey 1 Pair
Kestrel 1 Pair
Hobby 3 Pairs
Water Rail 3 Pairs
Spotted Crake 5 Pairs
Little Crake 2 Pairs
Corncrake 15 Pairs
Moorehen 10 Pairs
Coot 20 Pairs
Crane 20 Pairs
Oystercatcher 2 Pairs
Little Ringed Plover 5 Pairs
Golden Plover 12 Pairs
Lapwing 22 Pairs
Ruff 4 Pairs
Snipe 4 Pairs
Great Snipe 6 Pairs
Woodcock 2 Pairs
Black Tailed Godwit 5 Pairs
Curlew 6 Pairs
Redshank 5 Pairs
Green Sandpiper 4 pairs
Wood Sandpiper 6 Pairs
Common Sandpiper 3 Pairs
Black Headed gull 50 Pairs
Common Gull 15 Pairs
Herring Gull 20 Pairs
Common tern 15 pairs
Black Tern 8 Pairs

Will continue Later

Marijus Vicentas said:
Why?

What do you have there Jos.

Just post bird news from my local patch and land, get some good birds too ...but there's a couple on your land that I don't have as breeders , but just as visitors;)

Marijus, you will be having bus loads of BF members turning up on your doorstep with these birds on your land. Especially with the Capercaille and Montagus Harrier.

now theres a lot of birds and in your garden i wonder what birds dont breed there?
as in just stop by for a few mins before flying off again

Hi Marijus

A very big welcome.. Looking forward to some daily (if you have time) reports from you! What a fantastic piece of land you have there ... think the WTEs, Cranes and Capercaille do it for me especially... (I'll be the one sitting behind Marmot on the minibus arriving on your doorstep in due course :king: )

.. if you were to post your reports in the 'Your Birding Day' thread instead of on the Local Patch thread, perhaps we'd really see some healthy competition 3:)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back