• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Projection of Pictures (1 Viewer)

tony.saw

Hi
Once you have finished with your pictures in Photoshop (or similar), what programme does anyone use for projecting/displaying their images. At present, I put mine into Powerpoint, but would prefer to use something more suitable for images only.
Thanks
Tony

Do you actually mean using a set of images in a presentation, Tony?

If so, I'd probably just create a slideshow in Lightroom, and project that. Or there are slideshow creators like this one which looks pretty polished.

If you mean presentation in a more generic sense - as in letting people see 'em online - there are umpteen options: web gallery generators built into Lightroom, Capture One, Bibble and the like; standalones like Jalbum and Porta (which I like a lot); loads of web-based galleries like SmugMug and Zenfolio; and DIY scripts like Gallery, Coppermine, SmoothGallery (there are thousands of 'em)...

Of course images from any or all of these can be shoved from a browser window through a projector onto a screen.

Last edited:
There is another option for home viewing Tony if you have a TV that takes a USB memory stick. On mine you just load up the memory stick with your images and stick it in the USB socket on the telly. It can automatically play a slide show of the images. It is best the make the image sizes to match the TV res (mine is 1920 x 1080 pixels). Quality is superb on a big screen although the images can be a bit contrasty at times.

Thanks for the replies. I was meaning something along the lines of ProShow Gold or PicturestoExe, so that I could produce a presentation.
Tony

Thanks for the replies. I was meaning something along the lines of ProShow Gold or PicturestoExe, so that I could produce a presentation.
Tony

Irfanview allows to create simple slideshows with little effects, but while running a mp3 for background music. Big plus is that it allows to create a stand alone exe file that allows toi run the finished show on computers (that can run exe files) without having Irfanview, image files, and music files on this machine.

Faststone viewer runs slide shows and offers a few special effects as well, but if I remember correctly image files and software have to be present on the presentation machine.

Both allow preparation of basic slide shows in no time.

Ulli

Both are freeware!

I use Zenfolio...or Flicker is out there etc.... Just all depends on if you want to be online, or....be able to view off line.

I also use Bird Journal as a way to not only keep track of species and locations etc...but also to display my birds for my personal use when I view them.

Of course, ...now I know this seems odd but you can also (gasp, gasp)...Print off the images and display them that way :) jim (I do for a few)

I use picturestoexe. Seems to work OK but the advanced features are not completely intuitive to use – things like panning across a still image and zooming in and out required a lot of trial and error adjustment. When using it to give a talk one can mix in sound and manual slide advance with auto-advance depending on the effect required. Like irfanview it creates an exe file which can be run on any computer but has the advantage of the advanced features if you want to use them. If you don’t want anything fancy irfanview is fine.

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back