• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CS5 preview (1 Viewer)

Yup, I'll be downloading a copy sometime over the next few days and I'll use the trial period until LR3 is released. I'm hoping that the current deal (30% off LR2, full or upgrade, when you buy a CS5 upgrade) will become something similar for LR3.

I have purchased and installed the CS5 upgrade after watching a few promo videos at Adobe TV. However, the plug-ins (Topaz and On-One) that I use to process most of my photos are not yet available for CS5, so I have reverted to CS4 for now. I was enthused about the reputed much improved sharpening in ACR, but I must be dense (or I've been scammed) as I don't see the improvement. I hope over time as the plug-ins become available and as I learn the new features, I'll warm up to CS5.

I have purchased and installed the CS5 upgrade after watching a few promo videos at Adobe TV. However, the plug-ins (Topaz and On-One) that I use to process most of my photos are not yet available for CS5, so I have reverted to CS4 for now. I was enthused about the reputed much improved sharpening in ACR, but I must be dense (or I've been scammed) as I don't see the improvement. I hope over time as the plug-ins become available and as I learn the new features, I'll warm up to CS5.

Thanks for posting that. I use On-One plugins extensively so I'll hold off for now.

Thanks for posting that. I use On-One plugins extensively so I'll hold off for now.

Paul,

I'm hopeful that the CS5 versions of On-One and Topaz plug-ins will be available within the month from the information at their websites. You can download a free 30 day trial of CS5 now if you want to start playing, but CS4 bridge then pulls up CS5 PS, so you have to work around that.

Just before I installed CS5, I downloaded the ACR update for CS4 - they might both be the same and that could explain why I don't see anything new regarding sharpening (I'll check this more carefully the next time I fire up Photoshop).

Greg

I have my Topaz plug-ins working with CS5 now (and a new version of Denoise which may be an improvement). Still waiting for On-One to release any upgrades needed for their plug-ins (sometime in May they still say). I still haven't figured out if ACR sharpening has dramatically improved as touted but will experiment more in the coming days.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back