• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon SX60HS in Action (3 Viewers)

How about some low light, higher ISO shots. We SX50 owners would love to see how they have improved the low light capability, if at all.

wow these are the best pictures iv,e seen with new sx60. Can you take a still picture whilst videoing as i have heard you cant or it stops the video. I have been waiting for this camera since last year only to hear bad reports from another forum. But on hear the photos are better and some video footage as well which is a bonus.

How about some low light, higher ISO shots. We SX50 owners would love to see how they have improved the low light capability, if at all.

I'd second that. Us SLR users would love to know if we can cope with the increase in noise when compared to an SLR - one of the main reasons I stopped using a 'bridge' camera.

Ya as an SX50 user, I am also most interested in any improvements in still photo particularly in terms of lower light, bird in the shadows, and focus speed SX50 vs SX60.

Despite the same lens speed, Canon is claiming improved low light due to new firmware and sensor. Curious how real that is.

Last edited:
The photos and videos shown look superb. Away with the 40 and 50 bring on the 60! I will be in Singapore shortly, anyone know of any good retail outlets there that might have this?

I am an sx40 user,i ordered the sx 60 Monday night,looking forward to that extra zoom,hopefully will have it for my next day off next monday

Just hope that Canon has improved the low light capability with the Sx60. I had the Sx40 before the Sx50 and the 40 was and is better in the shadows than the 50 is.

I think you will find the sx60 a disappointment from what i have been reading on another forum. That much as to people sending them back. Poor picture quality lack of shooting whilst videoing no panoramic and less iso settings, video and still shooting is what i would like but not really important. Not sure i can put another forum n here as beining a new member I do not want to upset anyone. Private message and i will send link if that ok. Andy

Yep - from what i have read it is not a good SX50 upgrade. the IS is not even as good which did surprise me.

Raw is good on the SX50 Black Fox, better for me than jpg fine, but you cant use the 1.5 and 2x tele crop converters with it. Which is a shame as i did like using the 1.5 to fill the frame with the bird - I just have to try and get closer now :)

The photos and videos shown look superb. Away with the 40 and 50 bring on the 60! I will be in Singapore shortly, anyone know of any good retail outlets there that might have this?

Sim Lin Mall is the place to go for choices in Singapore Robert. I got my GH3 there. I guess you'll be heading out to the Singei Buloh Wetlands. A good place to test out the SX60.
Neil

I have heard i can post this here so here is the other forum its called dpreview and the test with the new sx60hs

I had just found that thread also. Just finished it. Yes the comparison to the SX50 is very disappointing to hear. The SX60 has slower focus and worse IS than the SX50. It sounds like the SX60 is a downgrade from the SX50 despite costing $150 more than the SX50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back