• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Sigma "OS" lenses (1 Viewer)

The two new lens from Sigma are price at £749-99 for the 150-500 os and £599.99 for the 120-400 os at the warehouse express to pe-order,so at the moment my hunt for a new lens is on hold till i see reviews on the new lens they should be available about May.

The two new lens from Sigma are price at £749-99 for the 150-500 os and £599.99 for the 120-400 os at the warehouse express to pe-order,so at the moment my hunt for a new lens is on hold till i see reviews on the new lens they should be available about May.
Down to £699 for the 150-500 OS at Camera World.

Not sure how accurate this is, but Amazon (US) lists the following release dates for the 150-500 OS:

June 10th (Canon)
June 30th (Nikon)
July 15th (Sigma)

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Mifsuds does have in stock the new Sigma 150-500 lens.It arrived today.

Interesting.

I just acquired a used bigma from here, but had been wondering about the 150-500 OS. I had expected the OS lens to be a bit lighter and more compact, so happy with my decision. If I was buying new then the OS lens would get my cash (depending on the end product), but used bigmas could become a bit of a bargain.

Anybody hear of an ETA for the new 18-125 OS? Any idea if it'll be improved over the original? I need to replace my 18-135 with something stabilized, and I'd like to keep most of the zoom range.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back