• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID Help needed on a couple of birds Queens NY... (1 Viewer)

AsterixnObelix

I think that in no order, I may have here a Great Crested Flycatcher, First Winter Rose Breasted Grosbeak, Eastern Phoebe and...just maybe a Swainson's Warbler?? Some of the images are not very good and I apologize for that. Thanks in advance for helping to ID these birds for me.

Attachments

• EasternPhobeFlyCatchermaybe.gif
    EasternPhobeFlyCatchermaybe.gif
    205.8 KB · Views: 80
  • RoseBreastedGrosebeakMaybeI.gif
    RoseBreastedGrosebeakMaybeI.gif
    175.2 KB · Views: 75
  • UnknownWarbler102-0235_IMG.gif
    UnknownWarbler102-0235_IMG.gif
    206.8 KB · Views: 84
  • GreatcrestedFlycatcherMaybe.gif
    GreatcrestedFlycatcherMaybe.gif
    276.1 KB · Views: 76
I think you may be right on the first photo being Eastern Phoebe. The 2nd and 3rd I don't know, but the last one with the rufous tail and on the wing, with yellow flanks sure does look to me like a Great-crest flycather!

-Matt

Your "Swainson's Warbler" is a Red-eyed Vireo... notice the plain green back and dark border between blue cap and white supercillium. Blue legs too.

The last time a Swainson's Warbler was seen in New York was 2005, just as I began serious birding.

Oh and your ID's on the other are correct.

Eastern Phoebe , Rose-breasted Grosebeak, Red-eyed Vireo, and some kind of crazy ass fly-catcher - least I think. I need a beer now !:-CB :)

Your "Swainson's Warbler" is a Red-eyed Vireo... notice the plain green back and dark border between blue cap and white supercillium. Blue legs too.

The last time a Swainson's Warbler was seen in New York was 2005, just as I began serious birding.

I should of known that since I've seen some myself recently, you've benn doing this awhile birderbf eh?

-Matt

Thanks a bunch...and I noted your comments on KC's Parula thread. So much to learn; thank you for sharing your insights.

I think you may be right on the first photo being Eastern Phoebe. The 2nd and 3rd I don't know, but the last one with the rufous tail and on the wing, with yellow flanks sure does look to me like a Great-crest flycather!

-Matt

Thanks Matt...appreciate your feedback.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back