• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Photo organiser/browser (1 Viewer)

Helios

I'm using the PS elements 8 organiser to manage my photos, but I'm having a lot of issues with it at the moment. Just wondering what everybody is using these days. I used to use Picasa 2 ages ago.

I like ACDSee, of which I am using the pro3 at the moment because of the way it can also help with some editing, but the more pure organizer (ACDSee 12) is a little cheaper.

Niels

I'm using the PS elements 8 organiser to manage my photos, but I'm having a lot of issues with it at the moment. Just wondering what everybody is using these days. I used to use Picasa 2 ages ago.

As a browser for first image evaluation (weeding out the obvious no keepers) I use faststone image viewer. It is fast to bring images up, and allows to zoom in for a closer look to judge focus etc. in critical spots. And it is freeware.

The rest (database, scoring, processing) is done in Adobe lightroom ......

As a browser for first image evaluation (weeding out the obvious no keepers) I use faststone image viewer. It is fast to bring images up, and allows to zoom in for a closer look to judge focus etc. in critical spots. And it is freeware.

The rest (database, scoring, processing) is done in Adobe lightroom ......

I just downloaded faststone myself, a fantastic program for previewing images, it's just what I needed, thanks for the suggestion!

For browsing, orgainising, keywording and conversion of raw files I use Breeze Browser Pro. Have done for years and is still my programme of choice even though I have Lightroom

I have used Picasa too, but it's rendered useless now with the RAW files (it can't keep up with it no more).
I'm currently just 'working' with ViewNX from Nikon, but I am sorely missing a search function.
I hope I can get my hands on lightroom soon ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back