• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Contax sl300r sunshade (1 Viewer)

pete schofield

I purchased this camera and it arrived Monday last. Still getting to know it and been out once digiscoping Snettisham reserve.

All viewing was done in the hide so no problem with the LCD, which I find no end better than my Nikon 995 which it replaces.

Has any one found a need to use a sunshade and if so what type/size?

If you have used one was getting to the menu and 4 way button a problem?

Pete

I have been using this camera over the last couple of days. I have found the LCD to be of such good quality that even in strong sunlight I have had no need to use the EagleEye magnifier. I simply cast my shadow over the monitor.

The EagleEye Xtend-a-View Pro (mini) is the right size though - I prefer the standard rather than the variable version.

Thanks Ian having just had an afternoon at Titchwell I have to agree, quite bright but no strong sunshine and had no probs seeing the LCD.

BTW the camera gathered a lot of interest from other birders and Digiscopers.

Thank you for your reply.

Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back