• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anybody know this model? (1 Viewer)

Up on the bay at present are some funny looking "Zeiss" bino's, anybody else smell something fishy?

Hi Dan

This is the famous Victory Frankenzeiss.

Its living on the Isle of Wight according to the ad so it is clearly Tim, our resident Wight Islander, having a joke.

Gary MH your Zeiss expertise is required!
Tim, own up now you scoundrel :)

Lee

Bizarre, they look a bit like Design Selections, with the gray and the dimples.

The Zeiss logo looks recessed and well fitted, which is alot of trouble for a fake. Maybe a Zeiss design prototype that never made it to production?

Correct. They came in 32. 42 and 50mm models with vertical placed porro prism housings. We've had them from a Korean manufacturer.
Zeiss would have placed the symbol on one of the tubes.
Nice (fotoshopping) gimmick.
Jan

Sorry Lee, its not me.
Not my sense of humour to do such things, and I don't buy or sell stuff on ebay anyway.

They don't look like any Zeiss I've ever seen ? They do look a bit like some bushnell bins with a Zeiss logo.

Will keep my eyes open for the Island joker !

Tim

Sorry Lee, its not me.
Not my sense of humour to do such things, and I don't buy or sell stuff on ebay anyway.

They don't look like any Zeiss I've ever seen ? They do look a bit like some bushnell bins with a Zeiss logo.

Tim

Tim

Of course I never really thought it could possibly be you but it did seem a good opportunity for a mild tease.

Lee

Sorry Lee, its not me.

Tim

Tim

I realise now that I was actually accusing you of fraudulently trying to pass of a non-Zeiss bin as a Zeiss.

This was rather stupid on my part and I apologise unreservedly for what was a thoughtless blunder.

Lee

I should think so Lee ! Tarnishing the reputation of myself and that of the
Island folk ! ;)

I am more than happy to forget the whole business, but only if you send me your HT's as a token gesture. ;)

Seriously though, I took your comment in a lighthearted way. No harm done.

Should be gettin my HT's in Feb if all goes well.

Cheers Tim

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back