• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

to improve bird images (1 Viewer)

Gandalf_22h

I put a spell on you! ----
"Suitable clamp(s)"
I'm looking for a suitable clamp or double clamp so's I can attach a clamp to a bird-feeder pole and then attach to that, just below the feeders, a suitable tree branch to get better outdoor bird images. Possibly it will have to be some type of double clamp. Anyone help or point in the right direction? :stuck:

To improve bird images

Gandalf_22h said:
"Suitable clamp(s)"
I'm looking for a suitable clamp or double clamp so's I can attach a clamp to a bird-feeder pole and then attach to that, just below the feeders, a suitable tree branch to get better outdoor bird images. Possibly it will have to be some type of double clamp. Anyone help or point in the right direction? :stuck:

Just a thought, Gandalf, what about a builder's scaffold clamp? I seem to remember them allowing one to clamp a horizontal bar to a vertical one. Maybe a bit bulky though but could do the job if packing used.

Regards

Adrian

Hi Gandalf , if you use a cut down branch for a natural looking perch just tie it to the bird feeder post with a bungie wraped around about for a foot or so. That should be rock solid, cheap as well

Thank you et al I have found what I was looking for - as recommended by Belgian wildlife photographer Phillipe Clements over at Nikonians.
Manfrotto double super clamp - will also be used when I'm using studio set ups. :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back