• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

help with resizing images (1 Viewer)

steve.hinchliffe

when i resize an image from my wifes nikon d40x to put on the gallery
using the max file size 220 kb permitted the image is too small for easy
viewing but doing the same thing with my d300 i dont have a problem.
i realise my d300 has more pixels but is there any way to make the viewable
image bigger without increasing max fie size or am i just doing something wrong
cheers steve

Save it at the pixel size that you want but use a lower resolution, 95% instead of 100% will drop the file size quite a bit without affecting quality for web viewing.

Save it at the pixel size that you want but use a lower resolution, 95% instead of 100% will drop the file size quite a bit without affecting quality for web viewing.
I think you mean save it with more jpg compression, right? In other words, resize the image down to the pixel dimensions you want (say 800 x 600) and then save it with the jpg compression level necessary to get the filesize required for this forum.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back