• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Transferring Images from DPP to Photoshop Problem (1 Viewer)

Epsomsalt

Hi I have a canon EOS 40D and usually shoot in Raw. As I use CS2, which doesn't support the 40D raw file conversion, I have to use DPP to open the Raw files. I usually tweak exposure and RGb as necessary before pressing 'Alt+P' to transfer the files to photoshop.

Problem I am having is that none of the tweaks I do in DPP are transferred over to Photoshop an image similar to Raw 'flat' image is transferred. What am I doing wrong please?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

I cannot make this out at all Chris. I have been using DPP and CS2 for 40D raws with no problems whatsoever - any changes I make in DPP is picked up in CS2 when I transfer (as a 16bit tiff) by Alt + P.
Have you tried doing a exaggerated tweak in DPP like adjusting the Brightness (exposure) very dark or very light in DPP and then sending to CS2, just to make sure that it is not being picked-up in CS2.

I cannot make this out at all Chris. I have been using DPP and CS2 for 40D raws with no problems whatsoever - any changes I make in DPP is picked up in CS2 when I transfer (as a 16bit tiff) by Alt + P.
Have you tried doing a exaggerated tweak in DPP like adjusting the Brightness (exposure) very dark or very light in DPP and then sending to CS2, just to make sure that it is not being picked-up in CS2.

I agree with doing a ridiculous alteration just to make sure. If they are only small adjustments that aren't showing up I wonder if there is a colour space issue ie a shift from sRGB to aRGB or DPP is using a different profile to CS2

I'm now less sure that I have to save changes. I forgot today and the file that was transferred to Photoshop looked fine.

I'm now less sure that I have to save changes. I forgot today and the file that was transferred to Photoshop looked fine.
No, you do not have to save anything in DPP Graham, just do the tweaks and send to PS and the raw is auto converted to a tiff (or jpeg) with all the changes intact.

This must be an issue with Vista. On my desktop I have vista and this is where I get the problem. On my laptop I have XP and there is no problem!

I have upgraded DPP to the latest version so I think I an snookered and will have to process the images on the laptop (not ideal) or fork out for a CS4 upgrade and edit the raw files directly in Photoshop.

Thanks all. Chris

This must be an issue with Vista. On my desktop I have vista and this is where I get the problem. On my laptop I have XP and there is no problem!

I have upgraded DPP to the latest version so I think I an snookered and will have to process the images on the laptop (not ideal) or fork out for a CS4 upgrade and edit the raw files directly in Photoshop.

Thanks all. Chris
Chris, I know it is a bit long winded but you could always do a 'Convert and save' in DPP and then just open the tiff in CS2.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back