• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cabela's Euro HD New Models (1 Viewer)

cycleguy

Hi all,

Excuse me if this is old news but it is new for me.

Just received a pamphlet from Cabela's regarding their Euro optic series and partnership with Meopta.

Cabela's is now offering an 8x32 and 10x32 Euro HD binocular.

Specs for the 8x are: 21.09 oz, 4.84" height, 3.3' close focus, 417' FOV/1000 yds. Retail price is $799.99.

10x32 model retails for $849.

I was in the store last weekend purchasing a tent and they didn't have these in the store yet. I've checked at Cabela's.com and they are listed, but not in stock.

Sounds like competition for the McKinley and Conquest.

Woohoo!!!

CG

Last edited:
Cycleguy ..... News to me. Thanks for posting.

I was able to find them on the Cabela's website by using the Search box and entering the term "Cabela's Binoculars". All the Cabela's house label models are shown, with the new 8X on page 1 and the 10X on page 2.

One would think this would be a good time to come out with a 8X42HD, but I did not see one listed. Also, I did not see any listing of the new 32 models on the Meopta site.

That's pretty cool! I'm looking forward to looking through one.

Unfortunately for me, I doubt I will be buying one since I already have a 32mm Conquest HD, and I really like it a lot.

Then again, I've never let lack of need stop me from buying a set of interesting binoculars......

Sounds like competition for the McKinley and Conquest.

Is the McKinley available as a 32mm? I don't see how this affects that model. Or are you assuming the eventual introduction of an 8x42 to complement the current 10x42?

guh. Meopta ergonomics with HD glass? I think I've just found what I need to be saving up for... although if they don't bring out an 8x42/7x42 I'll likely just go with McKinleys or something.

Last edited:
Is the McKinley available as a 32mm? I don't see how this affects that model. Or are you assuming the eventual introduction of an 8x42 to complement the current 10x42?

Uuuuuuhhhhgggggg... I think the message here is that Cabela's is coming out with two new models. B :)

CG

Last edited:
Bruce... no mention of an 8x42 in the pamphlet.

CG

That's great to hear that these actually came to fruition! I posted back in June that a Cabela's salesman told me that they were coming out with these, but he also said that they were coming out with the 8x42's. Since his info was good on these, hopefully it will also be good on the 8x42's. Can't wait to give the 10x32's a try! :t:

Any link so we can see them? I've been getting a Cabelas catalog in the mail every day recently and these aren't in them.

They aren't on their web site either.

Bob

Last edited:
If the 8x32 HD is as good as everyone says the 10x42 HD is, I'm very interested.

I had trouble with blackouts with the original Meopta Meostar 8x32. Hopefully the Euro HD's are better for me in this regard but probably the same general design with better optics. Usually the 10x will have less eye relief so I'm thinking they will work for me. To my eyes the Meopta Meostar HD 10x42 is on par with the Conquest HD's, which is to say both are the best optics for me under a $1000. I did like the contrast better in the Meopta's, which is why I bought them over the Conquest HD's.

The 8x32 HD sound like a very persuasive prospect to me. The non-HD is already my ergonomic favourite, and if they can match the 10x42 HD for sharpness they might just knock the Conquest HD 8x32 off it's mid-price perch for me.

I'm slightly puzzled though. The Meopta guys at BirdFair seemed to give me a very strong indication that there would not be an x32 HD Meopta. Perhaps they were teasing or maybe it's Cabela only? Disappointing for us in Europe if that is the case.

David

Nice find CG! :t:

A welcome addition to the market.

David, Cabelas seem to be somewhat of a testbed in this case, and since the Meopta /Cabelas Euro appear badge-engineered twins, we'll probably see the Meopta HD badge in the not too distant future (next production run perhaps? - who knows what contractual arrangements the two have?). Maybe the guys at birdfair were under strict orders |:x| after the # Zeiss made of the HT introduction?

It would seem logical to extend the HD into the 8x42 at some stage as well ...... that would be an interesting "dook-out" ...... Prime HD /Mckinley twins v's the Meopta HD Cabelas Euro HD twins v's Zeiss Conquest HD and throw the Vortex APO Razor HD in as well for good measure! (although it's pricing will be under extreme pressure with this lot - Porsche Club Racer style more $ for less weight much?)

Chosun :gh:

Meopta Optics.

I find it interesting in how Meopta markets its optics, as far as the US.

I did a search, and Cabela's is first to market this new 8x32 HD, as their
Cabelas branded Euro binocular. When checking Meoptas own site, not
much information up there yet, as well as nothing yet on the many retailers
that sell that brand. If I was a seller of Meopta, I would feel a bit miffed,
why not introduce both at the same time.

I suppose Cabelas is the largest seller of Meopta optics in the US, so they
get first dibs.

Good to see a new 8x32 HD in the market, too bad they have not
updated a new 8x42 HD, and that should not be too hard to do since
they have had the 10x42 out for a while.

Now, maybe they can update to dielectric prism coatings, and get
things up to much of what seems to be the norm now in many binocular
choices.

It would be good to here from Meopta-man on this subject.

Jerry

Regrettably, there will be no Meopta 7x42 HD, according to MEOPTA MAN.

7x42 SLC -- GONE!

7x42 HT -- NOT OFFERED!

Will Leica also drop the 7x42 configuration from its new line of Ubervids?

If so, that will leave the Nikon 7x42 EDG as the sole survivor at the prime and sub-prime levels.

<B>

Regrettably, there will be no Meopta 7x42 HD, according to MEOPTA MAN.

7x42 SLC -- GONE!

7x42 HT -- NOT OFFERED!

Will Leica also drop the 7x42 configuration from its new line of Ubervids?

If so, that will leave the Nikon 7x42 EDG as the sole survivor at the prime and sub-prime levels.

<B>

You could of had a 7x42 SLC for $585 shipped from Klipy.;) It was just hefty, nothing about focuser.;)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back