• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro 10x42 Swarovision (1 Viewer)

fluxed

I have a set of 10x42 SV binos I bought new. I have no idea of the used value of these. Can someone help me to price these?

I consider them in excellent condition. I have all paperwork and boxes, the neck strap, and the field bag. They are missing the rubber covers for the large ends.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don

I have a set of 10x42 SV binos I bought new. I have no idea of the used value of these. Can someone help me to price these?

I consider them in excellent condition. I have all paperwork and boxes, the neck strap, and the field bag. They are missing the rubber covers for the large ends.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don

You should be able to get $1500-$1600 or so out of them. Swaro will send the owner some new objective covers anway, so that's not a big deal. Since Swaro's customer service is legendary, and the warranty is transferrable, you shouldn't have any trouble selling them.

You should be able to get $1500-$1600 or so out of them. Swaro will send the owner some new objective covers anway, so that's not a big deal. Since Swaro's customer service is legendary, and the warranty is transferrable, you shouldn't have any trouble selling them.

Thank you for the reply. I was thinking about the same price myself.

I believe I paid 28-2900. Maybe 3-4 years ago.

That's just how Swarovski encodes the date of manufacture into the serial number. They've been doing it for a long time.

Ed

But where does the "30" come from? I don't see 30 in the serial number.

I would be good to work out the age of mine.

This is how Swaros serial works:

Encoding prod year to serial:
2010 - 30 = 1980 => (century omitted, first two digits in serial will be) => 80
2011 - 30 = 1981 => (century omitted, first two digits in serial will be) => 81
etc.
Decoding serial to prod year:
[19]80 + 30 => 2010
[19]81 + 30 => 2011
etc.

Hope this helps!:t:

Last edited:
This is how Swaros serial works:

Encoding prod year to serial:
2010 - 30 = 1980 => (century omitted, first two digits in serial will be) => 80
2011 - 30 = 1981 => (century omitted, first two digits in serial will be) => 81
etc.
Decoding serial to prod year:
[19]80 + 30 => 2010
[19]81 + 30 => 2011
etc.

Hope this helps!:t:

It does, thank you.

I learned how to decode a production date on a set of Swaro bins and on another forum learned how to decode date codes on Beretta shotguns.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back