• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Internet explorer 7 query (1 Viewer)

Thanks Chris but my concern is it maybe something wrong with my computer rather than the site and changing Browser may not solve it.

Windows Explorer is crap to say it in plain english. Use Chrome, Firefox of Safari. My wife still uses explorer and she has more damm issues but when se uses safari on her computer all is just fine.

Hi BB

To do a quick check as to whether it's your computer or your browser, download one of the other browsers Firefox, Pale Moon, Safari, Google Chrome etc. GC is quick and easy (Chris gave you a link for it).

It's often handy to have more than one browser available, as some are better for certain things than others.

I'm rather glad I had another one available, as Internet Explorer completely collapsed on me and I am still unable to get it back.

D

Sooo... we're all agog... is it your computer or was it your browser.

Google Chrome is a good first step in getting the confidence to move away from IE, I think, but some of the others are better because you're not troubled with all the adverts (I hate them with a vengeance!) At least, I've not found a way to block them in GC... anyone?

D

I am not a Mac Fan but I am impressed with safari for PC's it takes a bit to get use to a few of the features just like any new program but it is rock solid and much faster than IE web browser.

Thanks BB. Last time I looked it wasn't available in Chrome.

D

Just to put my two pence worth in, I have found Firefox 8 & 9 to be very problematic (previous versions ok). Many sites I regularly visit using FF (the BBC homepage for example) the connection just hangs with the 'flashing circle' and the word 'connecting' in the top left corner. If I click the back arrow and re-click the BBC link FF goes straight to it. This happens very often and very randomly, sites that are a problem one evening may connect ok on another. IE always connects to all of my sites ok. I have recently started to use Google Chrome and so far it seems quick and efficient . Many, many people respond to posts like this by saying use Firefox, but in my case FF is not good enough.

Dave

I'll add my tuppence worth here:

The BBC site (like many others) has been going through a series of transitions in recent months, what might be a little buggy one day can be 100% fine the next.

As far as anything needing Flash is concerned, I have at least 5 different versions of Flash installed, all current (except for a sandboxing test version for x86 Mozilla-based browsers), some are specific to one type of browser, others come supplied with the browser. One reason why comparisons of different browsers can give differing results - apples with pears. Always keep Flash/Adobe Reader/Java updated, they're the first targets for malware toolkits looking for vulnerabilities on your computer (no matter what OS it runs). Check here for Mozilla-based browsers.

As far as the OP reads - it looks like the problem seen may have been because a laptop with pressure pad was used, resulting in a mistaken click.

When I last cleaned my PC of outdated/beta/unliked browsers, around the middle of last month, Safari was the first to go.

Most problems with Mozilla-based browsers are due to plugins that conflict with each other or leave their modifications behind when disabled/uninstalled. Troubleshooting them is pretty straightforward, as is creating a new profile to test from.

Chrome is good and fast, but... Firefox with added NoScript and Adblock+ is a killer combo. I only use IE8 when doing my tax return, only because HMCR's website seems not to work with anything else.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back