• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fatbirder Top 1000 Gone Wrong (1 Viewer)

Hotspur

James Spencer
United Kingdom
Has anybody else noticed the the Fatbirder Top 1000 widget and site seems to have gone a bit nuts. My blog which usually languishes at around 3-400 is now in the top 60 and yet seems to be recording a laughable 2-3 hits/day according to their stats. I know I am getting about 35 unique page views/day and about 70 today and yet it is not stacking up. Any ideas why? Not that I want to sink back to my previous medicrity but its where I feel comfortable. I noticed a lot of the big foreign sites have sunk done the lists as well.

Has anybody else noticed the the Fatbirder Top 1000 widget and site seems to have gone a bit nuts. My blog which usually languishes at around 3-400 is now in the top 60 and yet seems to be recording a laughable 2-3 hits/day according to their stats. I know I am getting about 35 unique page views/day and about 70 today and yet it is not stacking up. Any ideas why? Not that I want to sink back to my previous medicrity but its where I feel comfortable. I noticed a lot of the big foreign sites have sunk done the lists as well.

Didn't you get the email from Bo?

Since Birding Top 500 (Birding Top 1000) moved servers some of you have been experiencing problems with counters not working correctly?
Please check and see if there is a problem.
If there is you may need to alter the code used to generate the logo/counter on your site.
Take a look at the code - if it has this within the code:

http://www.birdingtop500.com/cgi-bin/topsite/counter.cgi?user=

Please replace this part only with:

http://www.birdingtop500.com/button.php?u=

usually your user name appears next
If you have a problem (such as not having your log in or password) you can always delete the code and go to Birding Top 500 and log in and get the whole code there.
If all else fails you can always delete the code and re-join
If you do this please mail me asking me to remove the OLD application

bo beolens

Didn't you get the email from Bo?

Since Birding Top 500 (Birding Top 1000) moved servers some of you have been experiencing problems with counters not working correctly?
Please check and see if there is a problem.
If there is you may need to alter the code used to generate the logo/counter on your site.
Take a look at the code - if it has this within the code:

http://www.birdingtop500.com/cgi-bin/topsite/counter.cgi?user=

Please replace this part only with:

http://www.birdingtop500.com/button.php?u=

usually your user name appears next
If you have a problem (such as not having your log in or password) you can always delete the code and go to Birding Top 500 and log in and get the whole code there.
If all else fails you can always delete the code and re-join
If you do this please mail me asking me to remove the OLD application

bo beolens

Mine started working fine again and all my missing stats are back and I have changed nothing. I got the email Andy and did as it said but I checked the stats of everyone and none appeared right. Very odd. Plus if it was counting 2 hits a day surely my ranking would have plummeted rather than risen to no 45 as it did for a month. Feeling quite giddy as I was top 300 when it returned which is above my usual station by quite some distance.

cheers

James

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back