• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ordered some 8x32 SE's (1 Viewer)

CSG

United States
Here I was, all set, thinking I'd buy something like the Swaro El's or Zeiss FL's in this size range for a general purpose bin with a thought towards learning more about birding (I look at them and have a field guide or two but am no *birder*). Anyway, after reading so many positive comments about the SE's and considering the negatives some people have found, I found an open box set for $550 and figured what the heck. If these have the same quality optics for essentially one third the cost, I can deal with quirks. I've been using my Zeiss 10x25 compacts this week and am quite familiar with binoculars that have to be used "just so" in order to get the most out of them.

I'll report back after I've had them for a few days.

Chris

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back