• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from Manchester (1 Viewer)

Hi guys, sed to go birdwatching alot with late father and looking to start again, dont mind travekking by train, bus eyc, any recommendations would be greatly recieved.

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from all of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello. Please join in wherever you like ;)

Hi Nick and a warm welcome from me too.

You could check out some articles in The Opus - this is the page for Lancashire.

Not sure you'll find any GE's though. I don't think there's any in the Lake District now. You'd need to come up to Scotland - Skye and Mull are good bets for them.

As Delia said. Mull and Skye are great for Eagles but a bit of a trek.:-O. Still. Could be worse. At least you're closer than me:t:

Rich

If you can ride a bike you could take it on the train to Oban then get the ferry across to Mull Nick.

Hi Nick. From Oban. Catch the train there then hop on a ferry. I'd imagine there's plenty of places to stay there. Well worth it. Also saw Slavonian Grebes, Otters, Great Northern Divers, Black Guillemots, Black-Throated Diver etc. On the same trip.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back