• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birmingham City Centre (1 Viewer)

Springs picking up more obviously on the Digbeth Branch now.
Had a pair of Blackcaps the last two days and Chiffchaffs singing, Canada Geese have set up nests and territories for a short while now with one egg noted but unfortunately left untended, and had 3 Swallows over this morning. Hairy-footed Flower Bees and Drone Flys are about and another first butterfly for the year Small White too.

Do Quail call in flight?

Had two calls overhead - approx two seconds apart - from the unlikely location of the back of the Bullring near St Martins early on Monday morning.

Found a dead Woodcock at the South and City College Campus in Digbeth yesterday. It was not ringed, and looked like it had collided with the building (broken beak). Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't another Woodcock found on Broadstreet some time ago in a similar situation?

On Eastside, in the area fenced off for the rugby world cup 'fanzone', at around 0730 there was a Bar-headed Goose amongst the 20 Canadas present.

Last edited:
Last 2 days

Yesterday: Grey Heron stalking on warwick bar stop lock.
Today: 5 Cormorants over city centre and 2 Grey Wagtails on roof of banana warehouse.

Following an office move, thought I'd start a 'seen-from-the-office-window' list as we're now high enough to see over and past the adjacent buildings. This may of course be very short-lived as, in the last two weeks, I have managed the following:

1. Black-headed Gull
2. Feral pigeon
3. Magpie
4. Carrion Crow
5. Lesser Black-backed Gull
6. Herring Gull
7. Canada Goose

However I'll try and persevere until spring.

Following an office move, thought I'd start a 'seen-from-the-office-window' list as we're now high enough to see over and past the adjacent buildings. This may of course be very short-lived as, in the last two weeks, I have managed the following:

1. Black-headed Gull
2. Feral pigeon
3. Magpie
4. Carrion Crow
5. Lesser Black-backed Gull
6. Herring Gull
7. Canada Goose

However I'll try and persevere until spring.

I work in Brindleyplace and had the same idea. Had pretty much the same list for months until 3 Mistle Thrushes landed on the roof of the Novotel. That was pretty much the highlight. They've moved us away from a window view now though, so I can't even rack up a Magpie at the moment :eek!:

Hi all,

I used to have the joys of a decent view out over Aston from the Colmore area and used to see a Peregrine and a Sparrowhawk every so often so, small things to brighten the day! Flock of Redwing once too.

Alex.

Still in the same building in Brindleyplace Mike?

Yes, but now on top floor. Not exactly by a window though, so have to make the most of coffee breaks! I have seen a few other species - Mallard, Peregrine, Mistle Thrush, Pied Wagtail, Goldfinch, Blue Tit from memory - over the last 17 years in and around Brindleyplace. Not to mention the Wood Duck...

Still in the same building in Brindleyplace Mike?

Yes, but now on top floor. Not exactly by a window though, so have to make the most of coffee breaks! I have seen a few other species - Mallard, Peregrine, Mistle Thrush, Pied Wagtail, Goldfinch, Blue Tit from memory - over the last 17 years in and around Brindleyplace. Not to mention the Wood Duck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back