• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trittiford mill pond and the dingles bird sightings (2 Viewers)

They can be really jumpy so your probably right there but there was one at Trittiford on the river the other week he was amazing just sat there not bothered about dog walkers or anything think he was enjoying the sun lol :)

Very quiet at Trittiford but Mandarin still present :)
3 Little Egrets at Old Mill Pool/Bamptoms pool.

Hi Donna, I found the Female Mandarin on Trittiford this morning! There were a few Pochard present as well. I then ran along the River Cole and there were several Little Egrets along the way. I lost count! Lol. There were three together with a Kingfisher at almost the same location where I saw them almost one year ago! I've got a photo of them from last year as well and had to laugh three were in the same spot. The Kingfisher was calling along the river. Great to hear it!

Hi both

Just came back from Shirley via Trittiford. Saw at least 3 pairs of pochard and a pair of grey lag geese on the island. No egrets today.
Jealous of the kingfisher sighting :)
Take care all!!!! There is a very large tree blocking the path the opposite end of the pond to the Dingles. It is about 10 yards in on the path over the blocked road with the ford. It is impassable for bikes and walkers unless you have wellies as there is a reed bed next to the path. Use the path on the opposite side of the river.

Sorry I only just saw your first comment I know storm Doris was scary walked all around the area yesturday and cant believe how many trees are down :(

Zomerset - lol That Manadrin is so elusive shows well when it shows but seems to like hiding from me lol
Love the Little egrets its amazing how many there are now :)

A 2w/3cal Yellow Legged Gull just stayed long enough to get some record shots at Swanshurst Pool yesterday.

Des.

Attachments

• Y L G.jpg
    Y L G.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 65
  • YLG 5.JPG
    YLG 5.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 51
  • YLG 1.JPG
    YLG 1.JPG
    398.7 KB · Views: 66
  • YLG 2.jpg
    YLG 2.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 57
Good find Des :)
Lovely photos I will go and see if I can find him tommorrow, think I might aswell move my bed to swanshurst lol

2 Goosanders on Trittiford and still Six Pochards and two Little Egrets and grebes building nest so nice that theres two of them now :)
Also 3 Little Egrets on Old Mill Pool :)

The Iceland Gull and Yellow Legged Gull were still showing well at Swanshurst Pool today plus the Yellow Legged Gull or Caspian Gull depending upon your point of view.

Des.

Attachments

• Iceland Gull (1280x1068).jpg
    Iceland Gull (1280x1068).jpg
    560 KB · Views: 53
  • Y L G 9.JPG
    Y L G 9.JPG
    860.5 KB · Views: 48
  • Y L G 10.jpg
    Y L G 10.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 49
Trittiford today

Hi all,

2 great crested grebes
Pair pochard

On the way:

2 grey heron
2 jay

And......the best sighting of a kingfisher I have every seen. It was perched on a thin branch over the section which looks man made, just before the bridge with the sluce gate. It then flew low across infront of us and down the adjacent river amazing sight!

Up date on me I think I really have the bug - I now own a Birder's Journal and pair of binoculars - both waterproof which was handy today!!!;)

Sounds like the exact place where I had a kingfisher land right in front of me I just froze lol was amazed lol
Its so nice I can tell from your messages your really enjoying the bird watching it is addictive lol such a lovely hobbie :)
Thank you so much for posting its nice to read of everyones sightings :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back