• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Costa Rica jewels (1 Viewer)

crewl1

I had a wonderful opportunity to visit Costa Rica a couple of weeks ago and was lucky to see a few of their hummingbirds while there. Can't wait to go back.

Attachments

• IMGP1597s.jpg
    IMGP1597s.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMGP1186s.jpg
    IMGP1186s.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMGP1197s.jpg
    IMGP1197s.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMGP1262s.jpg
    IMGP1262s.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 73
The feeders were at Selvatours in Monteverde, yes.
A couple of shots were also taken at our hotel at Flamingo Beach.
Thanks for the nice comments all, Costa Rica seems like an awesome place to live :)

The feeders were at Selvatours in Monteverde, yes.
A couple of shots were also taken at our hotel at Flamingo Beach.
Thanks for the nice comments all, Costa Rica seems like an awesome place to live :)

I was thinking that, your green crowned brillant photo is fantastic. Was there myself in 2008. Having myself never even seen a hummingbird, it was great to see so many species and at such close distance. Never got to see the fiery throated hummingbird which was disappointing though.

Glad you enjoyed our chosen country!
I am sitting here, at the computer, while it's raining and watching a cinnamon hummer take some dog hair for nesting materials.

Luckily the dog is a very loving English mastiff....

At least when the Ruby-throats arrive, they won't make nests. They should arrive approx 27th Oct.

Photo taken through the window while at the computer, this afternoon with a Cinnamon still taking hair...

Attachments

• IMG_0678 cr.jpg
    IMG_0678 cr.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back