• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mike's conservatory (1 Viewer)

Superb all round - but hats off to the corn bunting - I recognised it as one straight away - no mean feat to have it so identifiable at such an angle, and its little block of habitat is very interesting - I think this one deserves some sort of paint treatment

Lapwings are stonking too, lovely Mike.

The Barnie already a winner, lot of work left all the same, look forward to seeing it develop. The Owl already looks light as a feather....

These are lovely Woody and an almost springlike background, it is quite uplifting :D I am getting quite tired of the winter landscape. I do love owls...sadly I never seem to see them much, only at night. Not got my eye tuned in, I suppose

What a miserable day! It's been raining since 11 o'clock last night and there's no sign of any let up yet...

Elmley very quiet and we didn't dare get out of the car for fear of drowning. The fields are flooded and the waters are pouring onto the roads in waterfalls.

Mike

Attachments

• flood-1.jpg
    flood-1.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 34
  • flood-2.jpg
    flood-2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 37
  • flood-3.jpg
    flood-3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 40
  • rainyelmley.jpg
    rainyelmley.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 39
So by way of a diversion I finished off a quickie to remind me of the sun. David Hockney I salute you!

Mike

Attachments

• liquid-blue.jpg
    liquid-blue.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 53
Mike - this appeals to me so much - what a sun-drenched piece, can't remember how to say 'rayonnant' in English, but it's sort of 'sunbeaming at me'.

edit- so sunny you see, I forgot to mention the rain before it!

Quite a diversion! I think sometimes they make the best paintings. Anyway a really beautiful, vibrant, bold painting (Americanese for fizzer and rayonnant)!

if any colour needed to be added to the landscape sketch, it would have been shades of Grey.......add in the rain and wind for effect....
Mike, the gull is great, love the pattens on the water as reflections...

A quick trip to Oare by way of a change provided some nice snipe on Sunday and it seemed everything else was trying to get into the spring mood despite the nose-runningly cold wind! This included some x-rated behavior from a pair of coots; coot foreplay seems to consist of the male sneaking up behind the female and jumping her as quickly as possible before she has a chance to complain! Short and to the point. The little grebes are busy building a nest close to the road and 5 pochard males were gathering around a single lucky (unlucky?) female. Nothing much unusual to see apart from the distant grey seals out on Horse sands and it was nice to spot a buzzard perched on a fencepost by the motorway on the way home.

Mike

Attachments

• oaresnipe.jpg
    oaresnipe.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 53
  • oareedbunt1.jpg
    oareedbunt1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 37
  • oareedbunt2.jpg
    oareedbunt2.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 40
love the snipe, they're almost engraved into the paper, just like they seem engraved into their surroundings so often. The buntings look cold! Great shapes on them.

Have to agree with everyone that the snipe look particularly good. I like the fact that the top one is just a loose sketch too. It's a nice combination with the 'engraved' ones that Nick notes. Now if only my snipe, assuming I see any soon, look 1/10 that good.

Super snipes (as usual) and beautiful bunts; great huddled, fluffed-out shapes - great to see you getting back out there after the winter hibers.

Belated Birthday Wishes ole fella.......
If your having a party, Just keep the noise down at your end of the street, us old timers are trying to have an early night to sleep over here

Have a B :) on me (or two), with any luck, Ill see you on the weekend ....8-P

Has your birthday come and gone - again???? Are you Royalty - do you have two or three birthdays a year?
Happy, happy Birthday, anyway!!
Hope you managed the cake ok.

how do these birthdays slip by like that? Well, I hope you had a good'un, and I suppose you'll have to raise a birthday glass again now!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back