• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Australian Far North Qld birds (1 Viewer)

Greg McKay

I like the pretty colors
Hi All some more need help with
The first has a cuckoo feel to me but with the wing markings its go me buggered can't work it out
2nd and 3rd photo is of a gerygone and nest Chile Beach Cape York I think it maybe a Mangrove Gerygone
4th Tawny Breasted Honeyeater Cape York?
5th Silver crowned Friar bird Cape York? can't quite make out the bare skin around the eye

Attachments

• 1 Cuckoo barred wings odd.jpg
    1 Cuckoo barred wings odd.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 2 Gerygone.jpg
    2 Gerygone.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 2 Gerygone nest.jpg
    2 Gerygone nest.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 3 Tawny Breasted Honeyeater.jpg
    3 Tawny Breasted Honeyeater.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 4 Silver Crowned friarbird.jpg
    4 Silver Crowned friarbird.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 33
Can't help with the cuckoo or the Gerygone spp., but, for what it's worth, I agree with you on the two honeyeaters.

The cuckoo looks like a juv Brush to me. First Gerygone looks like a Large-billed, but the second looks ok for Mangrove. Agree on Tawny-breasted Honeyeater but I would favour Helmeted/Hornbill (depending on your taxonomic bent) for the friarbird

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back