• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nepal (Koshi Tappu) ID help wanted (post 2) (1 Viewer)

rezMole

United Kingdom
Five more.

Attachments

• 06 - PaddyfieldPipit.jpg
    06 - PaddyfieldPipit.jpg
    806.7 KB · Views: 36
  • 07 - Unknown.jpg
    07 - Unknown.jpg
    577.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 08 - Unknown.jpg
    08 - Unknown.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 09 - HimalayanVulture.jpg
    09 - HimalayanVulture.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 10 - HimalayanVulture.jpg
    10 - HimalayanVulture.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 31
#1 Pipit, could be Richard's but looks a bit small-billed
#2 Verditer-flycatcher
#3 Red-vented Bulbul
#4-5 Himalayan Vulture

Thanks for that KGS. Thought 1 might be Paddyfield Pipit - struggle with pipits here in the UK - whole batch of Pipits in Nepal I'd never seen before.

Got another batch of bird IDs to ask about. Posting shortly. It will be the last lot. Managed to photograph 160+ different species, but these were ones I was unsure about.

Thanks for that KGS. Thought 1 might be Paddyfield Pipit - struggle with pipits here in the UK - whole batch of Pipits in Nepal I'd never seen before.

Got another batch of bird IDs to ask about. Posting shortly. It will be the last lot. Managed to photograph 160+ different species, but these were ones I was unsure about.

Pipit could very well be Paddyfield. Lores look very pale though. I'm not at all sure. You may need a better pic.

Pipit could very well be Paddyfield. Lores look very pale though. I'm not at all sure. You may need a better pic.

Cheers for that. I managed better pics of both Paddyfield and Richard's, so this one can just go into the bin. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back