• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Phylloscopus ID-Turkey (1 Viewer)

kuzeycem

Medicinal Birding
Turkey
Hi all,
Saw this bird at Lake Mogan, Ankara this afternoon. Tons of chiffchaffs around and this one caught my eye a little. When I first saw it at a distance, I though it looked like a Dusky Warbler, but the supercilium looks weak, too much green, long and white-tipped primaries and almost black legs pushed me away from that one.
The head pattern looks like a Common Chiffchaff IMO, weakish and dull supercilium. Also looks dull and black legs of course favours CC too. But the pale edged/tips longish primaries are making me think whether this is a dull Willow Warbler, maybe yakutensis?

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• ç1.jpg
    ç1.jpg
    723.6 KB · Views: 66
  • ç2.jpg
    ç2.jpg
    750.7 KB · Views: 64
  • ç3.jpg
    ç3.jpg
    767.2 KB · Views: 46
  • ç4.jpg
    ç4.jpg
    768.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ç5.jpg
    ç5.jpg
    761 KB · Views: 65
With black legs like this it can't be a Willow Warbler. Looks ok for Chiffchaff. A very greyish individual which might be of more Eastern origin. Possibly a tristis? Can't be sure from that pics.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back