• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3 birders in Mogosoaia, Romania (1 Viewer)

Cristian Mihai

Cristian Mihai
A short visit today to Mogosoaia (IF) with two birdforum members: Florian Andronache and scottishdude.
The main target: to help Jamie to take some pics with Hawfinches, woodpeckers and Long-eared Owls.
Jamie was lucky - we found 2 Hawfinches taking a bath in a small pool and some Long-eared Owls posing nicely in some not very high trees.
Tomorrow I'll meet Jamie again and will visit the same place and some other birding hot spots in Bucharest.
Soon I'll upload some pics with Jamie and Florian in the gallery ;).

Saturday 19th - in the morning we (this time only me and Jamie) visited again Mogosoaia. Despite the horrible weather (rain) Jamie managed to take some nice pics with Syrian Woody, Middle Spotted Woody, Hawfinch, Long-eared Owl. Some other species seen in Mogosoaia: Goldcrest, Treecreeper, Mallard, Magpie, Jay, Brambling, Chaffinch, Yellow-legged Gull, Nuthatch, Yellowhammer.
Around the noon (rain and then snow!) we visited Herastrau park, a good opportunity for Jamie to see a lifer - the Caspian Gull (http://www.birdforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=309187&d=1298123706) and to feed some Great Tits (http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/352189/ppuser/54311). Other species spotted in Herastrau: Syrian Woody, Fieldfare, Redwing, Chaffinch, Blue Tit, Yellow-legged Gull, Black-headed Gull, Blackbird, Nuthatch, Common Buzzard, Rook, Hooded Crow, Hawfinch.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back