• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rossett/holt flood water nr wrexham (1 Viewer)

just like to say that i've been to look at the flood water off the river dee on the road between rossett and holt.

I've driven past it a couple of times .... not taking much notice so i decided to take a look.... first look across the field.... was a nice surprise it had around 50-80 greylag geese grazing ...as i wandered down the public footpath that runs close buy i noticed a few swans. and other birds and a lot at that. once i'd got into binocular range i could see they were lapwings.. and omg there must have been 500+ maybe more never seen so many at one time... all on the land bars above the water level. also a few gulls and duck.... anongst them I'm 99% sure there were a pair of pintails a first for me again.
there was another unidentified bird which looked like a goosander I'm not to sure you'd get one in a location like this ????

I'm going again tomorrow to take a closer look.. Hope this has been some help to someone looking to go and twitch this week/weekend

regards Bazza

Been back today. not so many lapwings but well over a 100 pintails now.. i got closer today before spooking them all off...... greylag still around swans gulls also.. with one unidentified duckish bird..

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back