• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which Canon CD should I download?? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
This is really an ad-on to a previous question.

With my camera (40D) I have a CD entitled EOS DIGITAL solution disk v 15:1
Is this the one that enables me to open RAW files??????
I dont want to download unecessary 'stuff' to my computer (coz I'm scared:eek!:)

There should be a disc with mention of DPP on it ?

I've been through the box and there only seems to be the 2 cd's........
1. DIGITAL SOLUTIONS v15.1
2. Software instruction manuals disk v2/07

If I dont have it can I download it ? I have been onto Canon website but can't see any reference to such a download.

It may, or may not, look like this David. I bought my 40D from a chap in Newcastle.

Attachments

• IMG_5164 copy.jpg
    IMG_5164 copy.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 57
I've been through the box and there only seems to be the 2 cd's........
1. DIGITAL SOLUTIONS v15.1
2. Software instruction manuals disk v2/07

If I dont have it can I download it ? I have been onto Canon website but can't see any reference to such a download.

I think you will find the programs on the Digital Solutions disk. Run the install it won't do any harm, you can always remove the programs afterwards if you want.

Have a look at this post on DPReview, you appear to have the correct disk :

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1019&message=28980188

Phil

Great news-thanks for all your help. I was looking for a cd that specifically mentioned RAW (or similar)-not realising it would be on the "solution" disc:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back