• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Try moving your peanuts (1 Viewer)

pauljones

Hi all,

I've seen a few posts recently about birds not really eating peanuts and prefering seeds. This is still true in my garden but I recently moved my wire nut feeder away from the seed feeders and hung it in a quiet spot under the Wisteria. I'm now getting a steady stream of Blue Tits, Great Tits and even the odd Greenfinch on them. It also distracts the squirrels and keeps them away from the main feeders a bit.

So if your nuts aren't being eaten I suggest moving them to a quieter location and see if they then get some attention.

Paul

That's strange because in my garden the peanut feeder is always occupied and it is right next to a couple of seed feeders and fat balls, the whole lot vanishes in a couple of days.

Mick

yep my peanut feeder was not popular but I moved to into a tree a few months - it was hanging off my bird table, and its very popular now.

Moved it back to the table this week and its still popluar - maybe the birds couldn't see it.

L

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back