• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kirk Lens Plates (1 Viewer)

Ceejay2000

Hi All,

Anyone using Kirk lens plates?

I am trying to find out which one fits a Canon 70-200mm IS F2.8 lens.

Both Kirks website and Warehouse Express list two types.

My lens is one month old and the type they list I already own as it also fits

the 100-400mm lens, which I think is too long !!!

Any part nos. would be helpful.

Regards Charles

If the plate is specifically machined for your lens then ignore my post. But if this is a generic plate i.e. just provides a flat top surface, then I recommend the Benro/Chinese ones available for FleaBay for about £16 including P&P. They come with a small pressed steel spanner to tighten the blot. Machining is not up to the Markins (or Kirk?) standard but it is better than a well known German brand of plate I bought, and it is more than good enough.

Why do you think its to long as i use theLP41 recommended for the 100-400 on my scope i also use a Wimberly plate and have just purchased a quick release head for my monopod from a seller from India who sells on ebay.The Kirk item from Warehouse express was about £80 from India £26 looks ok to me I use this with a 500f4 with no problems try typing in Wimberly or Kirk in the photo section on ebay.

Hi Leif and Ragna,

Thank you for your input, have spoken to Kirk Enterprises and found it is

indeed the LP-41 now ordered. The overhang at the front is to take a Flash

Extension bracket.

Interesting about the Ebay versions, quite a saving.

Regards Charles

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back