• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon SX60? (1 Viewer)

At Birdfair yesterday, I made an effort to queue at the Canon stall to talk to one of the representatives. I asked them what they could tell me about the long awaited Canon SX60? The answer, they know nothing about this camera! One of the representatives said he was surprised Canon had not already released a new bridge Camera in line with market opposition. However, no one there could shed any light on this fabled bridge camera

I was talking to one of the Canon guys there about the 7D mk11, SX60 and the 100-400 mk11 lens. Kept saying He did not anything about this but talking and talking to him whilst he was pleading ignorance I had the distinct feeling that he knew but all had been told to keep their mouths close about these.

Their next show is round about early September when the 7D mk11 is due to be announced which leads me to believe they have to some extent already been briefed.

Have we reached a time where no matter what you improve upon with the 60, or 70 or 80 or 100 or whatever they come out with, that the actual benefit to us as birders is somewhat null. There is really only so much zoom we can use, etc.... But I can see improvements on other things such as FPS etc...

Hi, first-time poster here.

I just noticed that the price of the SX50 at Amazon.com has dropped $10 to $389.00, the first price change since May 22. Also, Amazon indicates that they only have 6 left in stock.

It seem likely that if it is coming out this year it will be announced for Photokina. So we should know what truth there is in the rumours within the week. I have been testing an SX50 recently and have been very impressed, it will be interesting see how it is improved.

Hi, first-time poster here.

I just noticed that the price of the SX50 at Amazon.com has dropped $10 to $389.00, the first price change since May 22. Also, Amazon indicates that they only have 6 left in stock.

Nevermind, I guess. It's back up to $399, and "In Stock". I also noticed when it was cheaper, it was being sold by a third-party seller. Now it's back to being sold by Amazon.

If that is correct, it's adding more wide angle at 21-1365. Some extra reach too. The Sx50 is 24-1200. F/.... specs are the same as the SX50. So far not a compelling upgrade from the SX50. But I will remain openminded.

^ agree . . doesn't look like a giant leap thus far. Wider & a little further reach. But same lens speed as the SX50.

sigh . .

It looks like Canon has replaced the rear control dial with a dial between the mode dial and the shutter button. Less clear is why the shortcut button has disappeared.

I wonder what the button with a phone icon on it is.

The two things that interest me most would be IQ (inc noise) and AF performance - both are unknown as far as I can see so I certainly would not rule it yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back