• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Annual Fellow membership of the RSPB (1 Viewer)

IAN JAMES THOMPSON

I'm just wondering if Annual Fellow membership category is still available from the RSPB, as I haven't seen that membership category advertised for many years. I'm a Life Fellow and I've been reading on the RSPB Community Forums of excisting Annual Fellows posting on those forums and despite googling can't find anything whether at least that category still exists for new members. Maybe that category of Annual Fellows now only excists for existing Annual Fellows and the Annual Fellows category of the RSPB doesn't exist for new members. Does anyone on these know anything about this.
Ian.

Still there, I input 'rspb life fellow' as an internet search & it came up.
I know Life Fellow still excists, but it's Annual Fellow where you used to pay more than the standard annual membership, but it just lasted for 1 year instead of the Life Fellow. I've read that there are still Annual Fellows, but haven't seen that type of membership advertised for years.
Ian.

Just had my new card this week and form inside offering Life Fellow. Its £950 instead of £1300
As I said I know Life Fellow membership excists, but there was an annual Fellow rate that used to be offered just for 1 year, but cost more than the standard annual membership. I haven't seen the Annual Fellowship advertised for years. But I've been reading posts on the RSPB Community Forums of excisting Annual Fellows. So I'm just wondering if Annual Fellow membership just still exists for members who joined to that class of membership years ago, but not for new members, as that class of membership I haven't seen advertised for 10-15 years at least.
Ian.

I don't really see the point of such a membership. If one wishes to pay more, which is of course very honourable, then why not simply make an additional donation. I am sure the RSPB would gratefully receive it.

Cheers

Pete

I agree Ian - I think the 'Annual Fellow' membership option appears to have been dropped. I was one before I too opted for Life Fellow membership for my wife and me. Can't find any announcement or explanation in a quick search though.

(Pete above - it used to carry additional benefits, and a 'Fellow's News' subscription, but as you say was just another means to contribute)

Mick

I agree Ian - I think the 'Annual Fellow' membership option appears to have been dropped. I was one before I too opted for Life Fellow membership for my wife and me. Can't find any announcement or explanation in a quick search though.

(Pete above - it used to carry additional benefits, and a 'Fellow's News' subscription, but as you say was just another means to contribute)

Mick
I know of a number of excisting Annual Fellows on the RSPB Community Forums, but as I mentioned it may only be available to those now who joined when it was part of a membership package and those members who joined originally when it was available may still be allowed to stay as an Annual Fellow, but not available to new RSPB members.
Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back