• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

gitzo 2380 head on a manfrotto MT190 (1 Viewer)

If they are what you have then use them - whether they are "out or proportion" is of no consequence.
I am not familiar with the head but I would suggest a more rigid tripod.

If they are what you have then use them - whether they are "out or proportion" is of no consequence.
I am not familiar with the head but I would suggest a more rigid tripod.

it is just for a telescope 65mm , so i thnk the tripod is rigid enough i hope ?? , i was just asking because i have this head , so i won't have to buy another one ?

No it's not "Just" for a 65mm scope! Whilst your scope may be quite compact and light I bet it produces far more magnification than my Canon 800mm F5.6 lens!
My scope is a Kowa TSN4 and although it is light it is FAR more demanding of tripods than my 800mm lens. Scopes (with their higher magnification) simply exaggerate any vibrations and instability and as such something like a 5 series Gitzo is in order. However, back in the real world, not many are willing to carry a beast like that or can afford it! Your 190 will do just fine for now but, if you are using it a lot, then I would look at something better in the future.
All the best.

The new Gitzo Systematic 2-series is perfect for scopes (I have the Kowa 883 w. 25-60 EP) and lenses up to at least 300/2.8.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back