• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

hd video (1 Viewer)

kelvin.dunford

Hi guys,i have a nikon coolpix p900 bridge camera,i use a laptop pc for editing hd video,can anyone suggest a pc laptop to edit hd video as my existing laptop is not powerful enough.

I would suggest at least an i5 or preferably an i7 with at least 8G of RAM. With a desktop I would suggest getting an uprated graphics card but that isn't an option for most laptops, although laptops aimed at the gaming market will.

You will also need a biggish screen, don't know what editing software you use but most video editing programs have lots of panels and can look cluttered on a small screen. Having a large screen can negate the portability of a laptop so you might be better with a smaller screen laptop and a larger extra monitor, although this will preclude editing on the move.

If you are after actual products the Dell Alienware range of gaming laptops are difficult to beat for power, you can get a titchy 13" to use with an external monitor or up to a 17" 4K display.

A good starting point is to look at your favorite editing program and then look at required or even better recommended hardware for that to run. I am guessing you will need a good amount of RAM dedicated to the graphics for it to be used for this purpose.

Niels

You could take a look at the hardware requirements of Adobe After Effects: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/system-requirements.html

Windows

Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
Microsoft® Windows® 7 with Service Pack 1 (64 bit), Windows 8 (64 bit), Windows 8.1 (64 bit), or Windows 10 (64 bit)
4GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
5GB of available hard-disk space; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
Additional disk space for disk cache (10GB recommended)
1280x1080 display
Optional: Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D renderer
Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*

macOS

Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support
macOS versions 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan), or 10.12 (Sierra)
4GB of RAM (8GB recommended)
6GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
Additional disk space for disk cache (10GB recommended)
1440x900 display
Optional: Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU-accelerated ray-traced 3D renderer
Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, validation of subscriptions, and access to online services.*

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back