• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

German Survey Monkey - unsubscribe (1 Viewer)

delia todd

If I said the wrong thing it was a Senior Moment
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
Scotland
Unfortunately I seem to be getting emails from Survey Monkey .... in German!

I've tried translating various bits in order to find how to unsubscribe, but.....

Can anyone point me to how they would word that option please.

This is their Help page I think:

I think you have an account with them (could somebody else have signed you up for this?)

In order to make changes to these sorts of settings you have to log onto that account. It's probably worth checking whether your browser remembers login/password for such an account.

Could it be that you have an account and inadvertantly set the language to German? In that case you log into your account and change the language back to English.

If you don't have an account with them in any language then I'd recommend using the Kontaktieren Sie uns link to tell them that somebody else ahs signed up your email address with them and you would like to terminate your account. I would expect them to be able to deal with such a request in English.

Andrea

Thanks Andrea.

What happened was I was asked to complete a survey by someone. The questions were all in English and I had no idea it was Survey Monkey until I tried to complete the process.

I ended with a page all in German, had no idea what it was talking about and tried to back out without completing any more. Obviously my email add must have been put on at some point. Can't remember exactly now.

The next thing I knew was an email.... in German, over a week ago. I deleted it. Then today another arrived.

Obviously I don't want them.

I'll try that link you've given me - thanks again lass.

Thanks Grahame.

LOL With your help there, I've just found it, in very, very pale, tiny print - Mails abbestellen - which Google Translate did as "Mail unsubscribe".

I did try the links that Andrea gave and they replied, passing me to the English Monkey people. I was unable to get into my account as I didn't know the password, so they closed my account in the end.

I'll be a damn sight more wary doing a SM survey in the future!!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back