• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Two Videos- Feeder Cam & Cardinals QTVideo (1 Viewer)

alarson2

The Village Vidiot
There was a lot going on out there yesterday, well, just bird stuff really. Eating and sqwaking (sp?), coming and going. You have to like birds to get into this stuff. FeederCam has a variety of my visitors and Cardinals has just the red birds.

FeederCam

Cardinals

Oh wow.... a double feature today! ;)

That grackle looks like a hog at the suet feeder compared to the neat and tidy mockingbird! I really like that little warbler too... he's a cutie.

Alan, do you know what a gorgeous printed photo that would be of the cardinals in front of those flowers?! That should be framed!!

What does your yard look like? I always get the impression of a jungle when I watch these videos. ;)

It is an old yard that was built in the 1950's by a man who had a green thumb. We have been here 12 years and from the first time I saw the place I just loved it- the yard, that is. The house leaves a little to be desired but the yard is a true garden. There are big old pine trees, dogwoods, rose of sharon, mulberries, and azaleas everywhere. There are 4-5 huge old camelias- some pecan trees and oak trees- fig trees. So much I don't really know half of whats here. The neighborhood is old too- the houses were built in the 50s and 60s so the trees have not been disturbed in 40-50 years. The lot we are on is probably a little less than a third acre- it makes up about 4 of the rest of the lots in the hood. The old man who built this place was rich by comparison- he owned some grocery stores. It is by far the greenest yard in the hood. My studio is up there in the upper left and the feeder is under the umbrella there on the deck.

Attachments

• House.jpg
    House.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I would love to be able to view your video's but am not able to do so. I have down loaded quicktime and still can't see them. I am on PC vs Mac, is that why I am not able to see them? any tips for me?

I loved all your pictures of the birds, great job:)-

boxer95 said:
I would love to be able to view your video's but am not able to do so. I have down loaded quicktime and still can't see them. I am on PC vs Mac, is that why I am not able to see them? any tips for me?

I loved all your pictures of the birds, great job:)-

Thank you so much. I am sorry you can't see the videos too. You know that they take a while to download- some are 3 minutes long. I tell people that you will need the newest version of Quicktime, free from apple.com, and for best results, broadband or DSL. It wouldn't hurt to have a pretty fast processor and Windows XP. It is a lot to ask - I know, but it really takes some pretty modern hardware and software. I know that all three of my own sisters are unable to open anything I send them- they have not bought anything new since windows 98 was the latest thing. So... it's all in the equipment you are using I'm afraid.

Thanks for your interest.

Alan

Hi Alan I am determined to watch your video's. I am a computer geek, I have a fast new pc with WIN XP PRO. I am going to try and figure this out....

Alan, can I move into your backyard next week??? It's absolutely beautiful. Heck with the house, the yard is definitely worth it!

boxer95 said:
Hi Alan I am determined to watch your video's. I am a computer geek, I have a fast new pc with WIN XP PRO. I am going to try and figure this out....
Hey listen Boxer- I just thought of something- You might have to reset your media player. It may be that your Windows Media Player is set as the default video player on your system. You don't have to set QuickTime as the default, you just have to turn off WMP as the default player- I think- I could be wrong about this. I've been Mac-ing so long I forgot how to work Windows. Good luck and please keep trying. I know that it must be relatively simple as there are a lot folks who are not too awful technical who can see quicktime movies on their systems. You know there 3 competing technologies out there doing video- Real Player, Quicktime and of coures, WMP. You just have to figure out how to use QT to see my vids. Are you sure that when you installed QT you had it go to your programs folder? I think all applications need to live there. You might try to download a video and save it to your computer and then watch it rather than try to stream the video from the web. Sometimes that works better. Especially if you are on a dialup connection. If you are, it could take 20 minutes or more even, to download 5-6 mb of video. What about your internet connection? what are you running there?

Last edited:
Tammie said:
Alan, can I move into your backyard next week??? It's absolutely beautiful. Heck with the house, the yard is definitely worth it!
Bring your tent and sleeping bag. I'll put you up there at the north end under the peach tree. ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back