• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon SE or EII (1 Viewer)

Steve,
I was able to purchase new 8x30 EII's (also had 10x35 EII,s) from Hong Kong about 8-10 weeks ago @ GBP 280 (Chinaarts), arrived in Tassie in 4 days (price may vary with destination). I purchased a pair via the same method about 2 years ago with similar satisfaction. These were a gift to my partner. Contact me if you require further info.
Rodger

Slight thread hijack but if anyone sees a UK site selling SE's do let me know. I can find plenty of EII's but no SE's. My dilemma is whether to save for the EII's on the basis I can get them now and they might go the way of the SE's or to hold out for the SE's if I can find them.

I'd just like to add in a big shout out to Clifton Cameras as Torview has just done...

I went in there a couple of weeks back after I had called them for some advice about the differences between the Nikon M7 and M5, and even though I told them I would be buying it in America as I was about to travel there, they told me to come in anyway. They then spent at least 45 minutes talking me through things, urging me to take £500 binos outside and look about. I had reminded them when I arrived that I was not going to be buying in the UK and they had no problem at all and were very helpful and knowledagble.

I can't recommend them highly enough. Their prices are extremely good for the UK as well - so I know where I am buying from next time I am not about to head to the US!

Robert

Clifton Cameras have them in stock, its where I got my pair......

http://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/Nikon_Nature_Watching_Binoculars

And they take international orders..........

http://www.cliftoncameras.co.uk/International_Orders

Great company.

John.

I'd just like to add in a big shout out to Clifton Cameras as Torview has just done...

I went in there a couple of weeks back after I had called them for some advice about the differences between the Nikon M7 and M5, and even though I told them I would be buying it in America as I was about to travel there, they told me to come in anyway. They then spent at least 45 minutes talking me through things, urging me to take £500 binos outside and look about. I had reminded them when I arrived that I was not going to be buying in the UK and they had no problem at all and were very helpful and knowledagble.

I can't recommend them highly enough. Their prices are extremely good for the UK as well - so I know where I am buying from next time I am not about to head to the US!

Robert

You maybe should just go ahead any purchase at home with that
kind of service. Tell us how much the price difference was. If your
Nikon needs service you will have some issues with warranty with
a USA model in the UK. That right there is worth some serious
cost with postage, and difficulty.

Jerry

You maybe should just go ahead any purchase at home with that
kind of service. Tell us how much the price difference was. If your
Nikon needs service you will have some issues with warranty with
a USA model in the UK. That right there is worth some serious
cost with postage, and difficulty.

Jerry

I think price differences are maybe greater than you are imagining, Jerry?

Monarch 7 8x30 £279 at CC (=US$462) vs $296 in USA (>56% MORE)

Monarch 5 8x42 £299 at CC (=US$496) vs $247 in USA (>100% MORE)

In the end I bought a "mint" BX3 Mojave from the for sale section here, and I had a whole load of thread history talking about the *actual* piece I bought. I got it for $190 including PP fees, which is 1/3 of what the M7 would have cost me here...

R

It is no as bad with SE bins. They are still available in small quantities in Poland: SE 8x32 GBP600, SE 10x42 GBP700 or SE 12x50 GBP750

regards,
Marcin Filipek
LANIUS-BOOKS

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back