• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cowpen Bewley Woodland Park, Billingham. UK (1 Viewer)

A revisit yesterday. Bright and sunny starting off but clouding over mid-morning. Very cold as well but at least the winds were light. All the scrapes were well frozen and the north edge of the lake was frozen out to 3-4m.

Quite a bit of activity around the car park when I arrived with Tree Sparrow, Dunnock and Robin on the tables. Lots of birds in the north side hedge and in the reeds beyond 8-10 Reed Bunting. A nice sight was a Stonechat by the sewage works compound fence. It's a while since I saw one here though previous winters it's been a regular spot.

The trees above the five-bar gate held Crows, Magpie, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Goldfinch and Reed Bunting plus a GSW which headed off towards the feeding station.

I just followed the gravel track over to the lake not seeing much until reaching the lake itself. It was nice to see that two Goldeneye have turned up. Previous years I've seen them mid-November but these were the first two I've seen this winter. Everything else was pretty much the same apart from Shoveler which seem to have moved on. Maybe a few more Gadwall though I didn't count them.

A friendly Robin was waiting in a bush by the screen. I had to stand over it whilst it fed to stop four Magpies from muscling in. There were six Magpie along a very short stretch no doubt waiting to clear up after duck feeding.

Very little seen walking around to the hide where at least half a dozen Fieldfare and Redwing were feeding on berries above the hide. As I turned left and crossed the bridge more took off fro the trees totalling around 20 of each.

The alders by the pylon were filled with Goldfinch c.40. I could only spot three Redpoll today. Several Chaffinch were with them.

Little else seen walking though Faith Wood until reaching the cycleway where Pheasant x5 were in the stubble field. Heading back towards the carpark several Bullfinch, Chaffinch, Dunnock and Wren were in the hedges. A Song Thrush was perched on top of the bushes behind the car park.

The feeding station was surprisingly quiet considering the cold temperatures. In 20 minutes only eight birds appeared - Great Tit, Robin, Coal Tit, Blue Tit, Yellowhammer and Reed Bunting.

Attachments

• IMG_2373aoo.jpg
    IMG_2373aoo.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2461aaoo.jpg
    IMG_2461aaoo.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2530aoo.jpg
    IMG_2530aoo.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2554boo.jpg
    IMG_2554boo.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2564aoo.jpg
    IMG_2564aoo.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 43
Thanks for the (missing) link Ian. Yes, I forgot all about Cleveland! - I still think in terms of Durham to the north of the Tees and Yorkshire to the south. Cleveland, Tyne and Wear, etc. all not proper counties ;)

Steve

Whata you mean tyne and wear isn't a proper county, of course it is, cleveland doesn't exist any more as a county but tyne and wear does, its a metropolitan county same as south and west yorkshire to name two.

You can check your current counties here english counties

:cool:

A lovely sunny morning for a wander around though by late morning blanket cloud moved in making things a little dull again.

Not as many birds in the car park as my last visit. Still around 15 Tree Sparrow and a few Reed Bunting but little else. In fact little else seen until reaching the lake. Still good numbers of Gadwall present and a few more Tufted Duck but much fewer Black-headed Gulls with only around 20 present. The female Goldeneye pair were still along the west edge.

No birds seen in the bushes heading around to the hide and only a few Blackbirds and one Redwing present there. The alders west of Cow Bridge Beck held a few Blue Tit and Great Tit but nothing else though the thick thorn bushes above the beck held several Redwing and Fieldfare and a few Blackbirds, Song Thrush and Mistle Thrush.

As usual I headed up Claxton Beck still not seeing much until just after the weir a Kingfisher flew downstream low over the water snaking left and right following the 'S' bends. I retraced my steps 100m to check a couple of the perches I've seen it use previously but there was no further sign.

The west end of Faith Wood held at least half a dozen Pheasant which came bursting out of the trees flying north-west. The cycleway bushes there held only a single Bullfinch and a few Blackbirds.

Following the cycleway back to Cow Bridge I came across a flock of around 30 Redwing and Fieldfare plus several Song Thrush, Bullfinch and a Lesser Redpoll. They were all pretty edgy the reason being a guy with four dogs tramping through the wood rather than using the path shouting and whistling constantly so flushing everything.

I headed along to the feeding station but after 20 minutes very little had come for a feed, just the usual selection.

I retraced my steps along to Cow Bridge and turned left following the path west figuring everything would have settled down again. Sure enough several Redwing and Fieldfare were feeding plus at least three Bullfinch. No sign of the Redpoll but I did find Goldfinch x8 in the alders and 2-3 GSW which seemed a little frisky chasing each other around.

As I left the park several Blackbird and a Song Thrush were feeding in the berry bushes by the A1185.

Attachments

• IMG_4433ao.jpg
    IMG_4433ao.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4481bo.jpg
    IMG_4481bo.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4566aoo.jpg
    IMG_4566aoo.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4668aoo.jpg
    IMG_4668aoo.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4763ao.jpg
    IMG_4763ao.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 43
A real pea-souper this morning with thick fog for most of the time I was there. Cold and damp with it as well.

As usual there were lots of birds in the car park bushes when I arrived. Tree Sparrow x31 perched in the bushes over the table feeders plus Yellowhammer x7 and Reed Bunting x6.

Today I did a reverse route starting off by heading along the cycleway towards Cloff Bridge. The only birds of note seen were Redwing x12, Fieldfare x1 and Blackbird c.40 along the hedges. Heading down Claxton Beck the only birds seen were more Blackbirds, a Song Thrush and a Bullfinch.

Only a few Blue Tit , Great Tit and a Magpie by the hide.

Much the same as usual on the lake as well though there are now four Goldeneye with a male and female having joined the two females already in place.

Not the best of conditions for taking photos but I had to give it a go as the male was coming very close when I was feeding the ducks. Still lots of Gadwall around. Initially there was nothing in the alders by the railway but as I was leaving Goldifnch x12 arrived to feed.

Nothing seen before reaching the car park again. I spent around 30 minutes in the feeding station. Plenty of birds coming in but just the usual selection though it was nice to see a Wren poking around. A rat spent quite a while there was well. GSW x2 were in the trees above but never came to the feeders.

Attachments

• IMG_7607ao.jpg
    IMG_7607ao.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7721ao.jpg
    IMG_7721ao.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7787ao.jpg
    IMG_7787ao.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8233ao.jpg
    IMG_8233ao.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8496ao.jpg
    IMG_8496ao.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 51
A revisit this morning. Still pretty overcast but at least there was no fog today.

I only managed to walk around the lake and back today.

The four Goldeneye were still present - a male, two females and what looks to be a juvenile from it's darker head and less distinct markings on it's back. The females were staying distant but the male gave fairly close views again.

Whilst sat by the lake a flock of Pink-footed Geese c.40 flew over at pylon height heading west.

An oddity sighting was a Redshank circling the lake half a dozen times as it looked for somewhere to land - but of course there's no shallow margins to the lake so in the end it continued east towards the tip.

A fair concentration of birds around the hide today with a flock comprising LTT c.10, Redpoll x1 and Siskin x6. In the hawthorns were Fieldfare x5 and Redwing x7. Plus the usual Blackbirds, Song Thrush, Great Tits, Blue Tits and Robin.

The car park tables were quite busy again though not as many birds as yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_8625aao.jpg
    IMG_8625aao.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8652ao.jpg
    IMG_8652ao.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8717aao.jpg
    IMG_8717aao.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8769aao.jpg
    IMG_8769aao.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8795ao.jpg
    IMG_8795ao.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 40
Saturday 9am

Freezing cold start, -5 shown on car, feeding station was a frenzy of Chaffinch, Yellowhammer, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Robin, Sparrow and regular foraging trips by the Rat. Rest of the park pretty quiet with the exception of 20+ Goldfinch near railway line. Lake had 50+ Gulls, Mallard and Tufted Duck, didnt see the Goldeneye this time though. A lot of the lake was frozen when I got there.

Meant to ask a few weeks ago.... what happened to the bridge at the end of the boardwalk?

Attachments

• _MG_5521.jpg
    _MG_5521.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 52
  • _MG_5528.jpg
    _MG_5528.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 50
  • _MG_5609.jpg
    _MG_5609.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 46
  • _MG_5627.jpg
    _MG_5627.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 44
Saw your car when I arrived Ray but didn't see you. The bridge has been gone for several weeks now. I forgot to ask Tommy what had happened to it. I've been told it's being replaced but I don't know when.

Bright and sunny this morning and a little on the chilly side! :eek!:

The Park looked very pretty with a covering of snow.

The car park ponds were frozen over and the tables and feeding station were very active. Still just the usual species though.

Heading over towards the lake I came across a flock of Lesser Redpoll c.20 feeding in amongst a flock of Goldfinch c.20. A few Blackbirds, a Great Tit and a Blue Tit were the only other birds in the alders.

The lake was quite well frozen over with 50+% covered by ice. Another drake Goldeneye has turned up to join the others. Gadwall x43 today. Black-headed Gull c.100.

A friendly Robin kept peching right beside where I was stood an arm's length away but would take food from my hand - maybe just as well. Mistle Thrush x2 and Magpie x3 were in the trees bounding the railway.

I only walked as far as the lake and hide today.Returning to the car park Redwing x3 and Fieldfare x1 were in the hawthorns along the beckside.

A bit of a novelty in the car park was a male Pheasant perched on one of the tables. Several Blackbirds and a Song Thrush were feeding in the fruit tree in the car park.

Attachments

• IMG_1228a.jpg
    IMG_1228a.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1404a.jpg
    IMG_1404a.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1400a.jpg
    IMG_1400a.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1314a.jpg
    IMG_1314a.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0110ao.jpg
    IMG_0110ao.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 44
A few more from today.

Attachments

• IMG_0668a.jpg
    IMG_0668a.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1077a.jpg
    IMG_1077a.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1136a.jpg
    IMG_1136a.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1428a.jpg
    IMG_1428a.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0650a.jpg
    IMG_0650a.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 44
Sunday @ 10am

Feeding station visit only this morning on our way to Saltholme (yes yes I know it was closed.... didnt read Durham thread before I set off!!!!)

Same old stuff at the station, a few extra Robins, all getting very territorial, constantly chasing the Tits and the Dunnocks from the tables.

One rat became TWO, always together today, breeding pair perhaps, not sure if this is a good thing or not, they are still wildlife after all.

Saw a lot more people out with cameras today too, its a shame it has to snow to bring them all out.

Attachments

• _MG_5645.jpg
    _MG_5645.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 44
  • _MG_5661.jpg
    _MG_5661.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 43
  • _MG_5676.jpg
    _MG_5676.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 50
  • _MG_5680.jpg
    _MG_5680.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 47
Feeding station visit only this morning on our way to Saltholme (yes yes I know it was closed.... didnt read Durham thread before I set off!!!!)

Same old stuff at the station, a few extra Robins, all getting very territorial, constantly chasing the Tits and the Dunnocks from the tables.

One rat became TWO, always together today, breeding pair perhaps, not sure if this is a good thing or not, they are still wildlife after all.

Saw a lot more people out with cameras today too, its a shame it has to snow to bring them all out.

Lol! Missed you again!

I did bump into Tommy though and remembered to ask about the bridge! It was condemned by the council engineers on safety grounds. A new bridge is indeed on the way though there's no date yet for when it will be installed.

Not so many birds about today. The lake was totally frozen over with just a tiny ice free area. The Gadwall and Goldeneye have departed.

Highlights were Goldfinch c.40 feeding in alders, Long-tailed Tit c.20 by Cloff Bridge and several Redwing and Fieldfare scattered around.

It was also nice to bump into Paul.

Attachments

• IMG_1561a.jpg
    IMG_1561a.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1613a.jpg
    IMG_1613a.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1704b.jpg
    IMG_1704b.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1725a.jpg
    IMG_1725a.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1748a.jpg
    IMG_1748a.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 58
A revisit this afternoon 1.30 pm-2.30 pm.

The Park is still covered in snow and all ponds and the lake are frozen over. I only ventured from the car park to the lake and back today.

A fair bit of activity on the car park tables though not as many birds as I've previously seen. I came across quite a few birds away from the car park today - Yellowhammer, Greenfinch, Great Tits and Blue Tits.

Lesser Redpoll c.20 with Goldfinch x6 were feeding in alders by the railway again.

Snipe x5 seen singly in flight at several different locations as well as a flock of Golden Plover c.35 heading south over the lake. Redshank x2 were flying along Claxton Beck.

Another scarce sighting for here were Little Egret x3 on Cow Bridge Beck. I think they may have flown in from the sewage works and were chasing each other around as they headed down the beck. Also a Woodcock by the hill.

Several Fieldfare and Redwing were around as well.

The lake held only Mallard c.20, Little Grebe x1, Mute Swan x2, Moorhen x5, Coot x2. Robin x3, Dunnock, Blue Tit and Magpie were in the bushes around the lake.

I'll add a few photos later.

Attachments

• IMG_2525ao.jpg
    IMG_2525ao.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2575ao.jpg
    IMG_2575ao.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2806ao.jpg
    IMG_2806ao.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2960ao.jpg
    IMG_2960ao.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_3017ao.jpg
    IMG_3017ao.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 45
Another short visit today. I'd planned to stay longer but just as I arrived the cloud cover returned leaving things pretty dull.

The Park is still covered in snow with a fresh covering of about and inch from this morning.

No sign of any Redpoll today. In fact not a lot seen between the car park and the lake. The lake is still frozen over though the ice free hole in the middle looked a little larger today. It was nice to see some Shoveler have returned with 15 asleep on the ice by the hole. Two Gadwall were back as well.

The next bird of note was a female Goldeneye on Claxton Beck where it joins Cow Bridge Beck. Another pair of Mute Swan were with it. I thought there was a flock of Partridge in the field above but they turned out to be Moorhen x15 walking around in the open on the snow covered field.

Heading up Claxton Beck a Sparrowhawk passed overhead flying north to south being mobbed by two Crows.

A Kingfisher was perched on an overhanging branch near Cloff Bridge but it still saw me and headed off upstream.

During brief call into the feeding station there was little activity. A GSW was in the trees above but didn't come down.

Attachments

• IMG_5011ao.jpg
    IMG_5011ao.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5043aoo.jpg
    IMG_5043aoo.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 42
Bright and sunny today and very crisp - both the air and the snow.

Very busy around the car park with lots of activity on the tables with Tree Sparrow x.30, Dunnock, Reed Bunting, Robin, Gerat Tit, Blue Tit, Blackbird, Wood Pigeon and Collared Dove. A recent arrival of a large number of Yellowhammer with around 40 by the car park coming to feeders and by the ponds where a Water Rail and Moorhen x2 was coming to peanuts I'd thrown out. Small flock of Long-tailed Tit in car park bushes as well.

Another 20+ Yellowhammer in the trees heading over to the lake. Now Shoveler x16 in the ice free hole.

I had a wander over around lunchtime. Bright and sunny with no wind. Still on the chilly side but temperatures just above freezing as there was a slow thaw though still a lot of snow around and the ponds still frozen solid.

In the car park the tables were pretty busy again. Around 20 Yellowhammer were in the bushes by the car park ponds along with a half dozen Reed Bunting. A Kingfisher was perched on the reeds over the beck under the bridge to the Activity Centre but it saw me just as I saw it and headed off north along the beck. All the peanuts I'd thrown out yesterday were gone from the iced pond so I threw out some more before heading over to the lake.

Not a lot seen until reaching the lake where Lesser Redpoll x16 were in the trees by the railway. The friendly Robin was in the bushes by the screen. The lake is still well frozen though the ice free hole a little larger and seems to have moved a little northwards! Still the same range of birds in the water hole.

I headed around to the hide to check the trees by the beck. The only bird of note was a male Bullfinch feeding on reed heads. At the confluence with Claxton Beck there were Little Grebe x3 and a female Goldeneye. I headed back over towards the lake passing a Song Thrush on the way.

On reaching the lake I fed the ducks some more and saw flock of Fieldfare 43+ heading SE over the lake towards Saltholme. Shortly after a Cormorant passed over heading east and a Kestrel was flying between the pylons.

I headed back over to the car park ponds passing the Redpolls again. On the pond nearest the bridge a Water Rail was perched on the reeds in full sun as well as a Moorhen. They'd obviously been feeding on the peanuts I'd put out.

A short but pretty good visit.

Attachments

• IMG_7584aoo.jpg
    IMG_7584aoo.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_7714ao.jpg
    IMG_7714ao.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_7721ao.jpg
    IMG_7721ao.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7876ao.jpg
    IMG_7876ao.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7923aoo.jpg
    IMG_7923aoo.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 54
First visit of 2010

My first visit of the year this morning. Overcast and pretty dull conditions. A lot of ice and a new covering of snow.

Lots of Tree Sparrow, Yellowhammer, Chaffinch, Great Tit and Blue Tit on the car park tables when I arrived. Plus a Shong Thrush and several Blackbirds.

Very little seen away from the car park walking over to the lake. A flock of Goldfinch c.12 were feeding in alders by the lake. The Robin and several Magie and Blackbirds were in the bushes. The lake is still frozen though the ice free hole is getting bigger. Lots of ducks in the water - Shoveler c.20, Gadwall c.15, Mallard, Tufted Duck, Little Grebe, Goldeneye, Coot and Moorhen. Around 100 Black-headed Gulls and Common Gull x3.

I walked to the hide and to Claxton Beck but the only new bird seen was a Kestrel.

On returning to the car park the tables were very quiet. Whilst chatting with some friends a Great Spotted Woodpecker flew from west to east overhead.

No sign of the Water Rail today despite lots of food out for it. Tommy the warden said two have been seen recently in the car park ponds area.

Attachments

• IMG_0262ao.jpg
    IMG_0262ao.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0270ao.jpg
    IMG_0270ao.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0301aoo.jpg
    IMG_0301aoo.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0321aoo.jpg
    IMG_0321aoo.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0367aoo.jpg
    IMG_0367aoo.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 39
A revisit this afternoon. Bright and sunny starting off and pretty crisp underfoot with the fresh fall of snow.

A Water Rail was showing on the edge of the car park ponds plus two Moorhen. Lots of Yellowhammer and Reed Bunting in the same area. A female Bullfinch and female Stonechat were in the reeds.

Around a half-dozen Redpoll and Goldfinch were feeding in the alders by the Activity Centre. Also several Blue Tit, Great Tit, Blackbirds and Song Thrush in the same trees.

The lake was pretty much as yesterday for birds though the ice-free hole is much bigger now.

Walking from the lake back to the car park there were several flocks of Skylark passing over. Some going east and sme going west and some going south!

Needless to say the car park tables were pretty active as well with Yellowhammer, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Reed Bunting, Tree Sparrow, Dunnock, Robin and Blackbirds.

Attachments

• IMG_1092aoo.jpg
    IMG_1092aoo.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1127aoo.jpg
    IMG_1127aoo.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1305aoo.jpg
    IMG_1305aoo.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1261ao.jpg
    IMG_1261ao.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1544ao.jpg
    IMG_1544ao.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 55
A short visit mid-afternoon just to the car park area. No sign of the Water Rail today but it was nice to see Brambling x4 making use of the tables. Lots of birds present.

A skien of Pink-footed Geese c.40 flew over heading NW.

Attachments

• IMG_3653ao.jpg
    IMG_3653ao.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3745ao.jpg
    IMG_3745ao.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3859ao.jpg
    IMG_3859ao.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4045ao.jpg
    IMG_4045ao.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4090ao.jpg
    IMG_4090ao.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 42
Very dull skies this morning though more or less remaining fine. The snow is just about all gone from the open areas though the ponds and lake are still frozen solid. The ice-free area on the lake is a little larger than it has been for several weeks.

The car park tables were pretty quiet when I arrived with just a few Tree Sparrow and Yellowhammer sat around in the bushes plus a few Reed Bunting.

A Water Rail was on the first pond by the car park but dived into the reeds when it saw me. Quite a few Reed Bunting were in the reed bed flitting about.

Not a great deal seen between there and the lake. A few more ducks have arrived back now there's a little larger ice-free area. Just Mallard, Coot, Moorhen, Tufted Duck, Shoveler, Little Grebe and Gadwall see. A few more birds were in the bushes around the sides - Reed Bunting, Robin, Blackbird, Song Thrush, Magpie and Blue Tit.

The alders west of the hide held a few Goldinfinch and around a dozen Long-tailed Tit came flitting through but didn't hang around for long.

In the trees by the hide were Redwing x5 and Fieldfare x1 plus a Great Spotted Woodpecker though as I headed back to the car park several flights of Fieldfare passed over heading SE, 50+ at least.

Nearing the car park a group of Bullfinch x6 were feeding alongside the path plus several more Reed Bunting and Great Tit.

The car park tables were a little more active on and off and it was nice to see at least one Brambling still around. Being on foot the birds were too easily disturbed so I headed into the feeding station itself. Lots of Great Tit, Blue Tit, Coal Tit, Chaffinch, Yellowhammer and several Robin and Greenfinch were coming to the well stocked tables.

I walked home alongside the A1185 seeing GSW x2 pass overhead plus a flock of Goldfinch/Redpoll x46 heading south across the road.

Attachments

• IMG_8167ao.jpg
    IMG_8167ao.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8362ao.jpg
    IMG_8362ao.jpg
    246.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8430ao.jpg
    IMG_8430ao.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8562ao.jpg
    IMG_8562ao.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8571ao.jpg
    IMG_8571ao.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 44
Went up on Sunday. Many Reed Bunting and Yellowhammer and Tree Sparrow. At least three Brambling plus Greenfinch and tits. A male Sparrowhawk made a dash into the bushes.

Me, Jan and our dog had a hour here today after visiting Hartlepool, did,nt go all the way around the park but enjoyed the views at the feeders:t:
Don,t think ive ever seen so many Tree Sparrows together feeding like this! a sight i will not forget in a hurry, really nice visit a place my better half has,nt been before and she will be asking me to drop into again whilst in the area.:t:
The park was a nice mix of families/dog walkers and bird watchers all very friendly.
A few poor pics from here today-

Attachments

• tn_r.bunt.jpg
    tn_r.bunt.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 40
  • tn_yham.jpg
    tn_yham.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 41
  • tn_tree spugs.jpg
    tn_tree spugs.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 50
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back