• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tokina 80-400 (1 Viewer)

advid

...anyone on here had any experience with this lens...?

Looks well made and solid - but what's the quality of the glass like...??

Not many reviews on 'www' and not much info...

Any users please add comments....

advid said:
...anyone on here had any experience with this lens...?

Looks well made and solid - but what's the quality of the glass like...??

Not many reviews on 'www' and not much info...

Any users please add comments....

I use one regularly with my Nikon D200 and F90X, it's a great lens, sharp and contrasty, reasonably fast focussing, (fast enough for flight shots) and is very well built, complete with removeable tripod collar. I would go so far as to say the build quality is better than the Nikon 80-400, I think you would also find it difficult to separate the resulting image quality from the 2 lenses! It's also half the price.

nirofo.

I use one regularly with my Nikon D200 and F90X, it's a great lens, sharp and contrasty, reasonably fast focussing, (fast enough for flight shots) and is very well built, complete with removeable tripod collar. I would go so far as to say the build quality is better than the Nikon 80-400, I think you would also find it difficult to separate the resulting image quality from the 2 lenses! It's also half the price.

nirofo.

Nirofo,

Would you describe this lens suitable for hand held use in the field, is it comfortable to use and well balanced or do you use it mainly with a tripod?

Have you compared image quality of the Tokina 80-400 with that of the Nikon 80-400 or just the build quality?

Best Wishes,

Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back