• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Side, Turkey (1 Viewer)

neilh

I'm off on a family holiday to Side, south coast of Turkey in July, won't do any heavy birding, but i'll take my gear. Is there anywhere I should be going ??? I'll hire a car for a few days. Anybody got any thoughts on what I should be looking for ??

I'm off on a family holiday to Side, south coast of Turkey in July, won't do any heavy birding, but i'll take my gear. Is there anywhere I should be going ??? I'll hire a car for a few days. Anybody got any thoughts on what I should be looking for ??

Side (I'm assuming the same side just down the coast from antalya) itself is good for migrants). Not far to the north you have koprulu canyon, which has griffon vultures and other raptors aswell as storks.

Further east, Akseki is a must, with white backed and other woodpeckers, migrants and various warblers, and Krupers nuthatch. To the west you have Korkuteli hills, which should have Cinerous Bunting and White Throated Robin.

The gosney guides to western and central turkey would be worth buying.

Owen

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back