• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NEWS — Swift Instruments is now Swift Sport Optics (1 Viewer)

elkcub

Silicon Valley, California
United States
NEWS — Swift Instruments is now Swift Sport Optics...

After checking the internet, I came across this announcement at: http://www.eabco.com/SwiftSportOptics.htm
The binocular company is now owned by E. Arthur Brown and Company (EABCO)

"Swift Instruments is now Swift Sport Optics...
* The sporting optics division of Swift Instruments was recently (2006) split off to form a new company which is called Swift Sport Optics, LLC. Formerly just a division, the new company is now owned and operated independent of the original firm and focuses exclusively on riflescopes and binoculars.
* The growth in popularity of Swift Riflescopes and Binoculars has been phenomenal over the past 10 years. And from our viewpoint, a simple combination of quality and reasonable price has been their formula for success. The new Swift Sport Optics company has quietly introduced improvements into their Premier riflescope line this year. They call them "SRP" models."

I assume that EABCO will be distributing the Swift linup from now on, but we'll have to wait and see. In the meantime, the Swift website is not working, and none of the phone numbers are connected in San Jose.

Ed

Last edited:
Swift bankruptcy

Ed,

I spoke with a Swift rep. this morning and have some clarification. Swift is now in the process of restructuring after filing bankruptcy. "Swift Instruments" will continue with their line of microscopes etc., while the newly created division, "Swift Sport Optics" will deal with binoculars & scopes. Their new location is in Sunvale, CA and they are currently working on overhauling their website. The rep. assured me that nothing has changed with respect to their current manufacturer, and that they will be coming out with new products in 2007, including binoculars. They will be posting all of this information as soon as the new website is updated. Additionally, repairs/warranty issues are still being handled through Steve W. As far as E. Arthur Brown, it appears their only association with Swift is retail sales. Hope this helps.

Ted Nordhagen

All,

I just finished a discussion with "Alison," who is a customer service rep. with Swift Sports Optics, LLC. This particular Alison is not Alison Swift, who apparently remains the President of Swift Instruments, or Swift Optics, — whichever. I'll find out in due course, since the original company continues to do business in California. The riflescopes and binoculars go to the new company; telescopes and microscopes stay with the old company.

The story is that Swift Sport Optics broke off as a separate company and is now headquartered at 12105 W. Cedar Drive, Lakewood, Colorado 80228. They also have a facility in Sunnyvale, CA, which happens to be where I live. More about that when I'm able to make contact.

The important point, I think, is that the new company will continue development and sales of Swift binoculars, and distribute to companies like EABCO, who is only one of many retailers. (Their website was somewhat misleading.) There is every indication that warranty services will continue uninterrupted as shown on the Swift website.

Enjoy the view,
Ed

ted nordhagen said:
Ed,

I spoke with a Swift rep. this morning and have some clarification. Swift is now in the process of restructuring after filing bankruptcy. "Swift Instruments" will continue with their line of microscopes etc., while the newly created division, "Swift Sport Optics" will deal with binoculars & scopes. Their new location is in Sunvale, CA and they are currently working on overhauling their website. The rep. assured me that nothing has changed with respect to their current manufacturer, and that they will be coming out with new products in 2007, including binoculars. They will be posting all of this information as soon as the new website is updated. Additionally, repairs/warranty issues are still being handled through Steve W. As far as E. Arthur Brown, it appears their only association with Swift is retail sales. Hope this helps.

Ted Nordhagen

Ted,

It appears that our phone calls to Swift overlapped. I didn't hear about the bankruptcy, and that's rather sad.

I'd like to change my opening post to correct the ownership misunderstanding, but that doesn't seem to be possible without help from the admin.

Ed

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back