• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Some observations (1 Viewer)

Backyard Sanctuary

When my kids (4 and 6 years old) play on the back lawn just a few feet from the feeders the birds don't seem to mind, but if I stand up from my chair 25 feet away they scatter.

Chestnut backed chickadees don't seem to fear human like other birds that visit my yard, with the exception of hummingbirds. Often while standing just a few feet away from the feeders, chickadees will come to eat while the other birds stay far away.

Squirrels are smarter than we give them credit for. After years of trying to make my feeding stations squirrel proof, they have yet to not find a way to get at the seeds.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back