• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I need advise. (1 Viewer)

Sten_Hard

Hello out there!
Can someone help me, im lost in bins ;)
I’m going to by a better than fair binocular, but I can’t decide witch one I will go for.

I’m down to 2 bins that I consider being in my range of pricing and to me looks to bee nice bins.

I want something all-round but most I will be in the forest studying beaver’s and birds at sunrise and nightfall and (I wear glasses to).

So can you help me decide with ones to go for “PENTAX 8x43 DCF SP” or “Opticron BGA 8x42 Classic”?

/Regards Micke

I cannot help you with the latter but I have looked through and used the Pentax on occassion. Excellent optics and probably a best buy when you consider the cost/performance issue. Probably their only drawback in terms of optical quality is their relatively narrow field of view in comparison to the high end bins. I believe they are at about 330 feet for the 8x43s versus 360 feet (Nikon LXL), 400+ (Zeiss FL), 380+ (Swaro and Leica). Other than that I think they compare very favorably with binoculars costing much more.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back