• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black-bellied Whistling Duck (1 Viewer)

gabirding

SE Georgia - We have a small pond that attracts migratory birds from time to time. My finds are usually pure luck and I've learned the hard way to always have my camera with me when I'm out around the property.

Earlier this year I got a Blue-winged Teal that was only in the pond for a short time.

Anyway, the perch this duck was on was way up in a tree that I usually see a Mississippi Kite perched on but this day I was surprised to see this duck. I didn't know what it was but I heard it's whistling sound and then matched the picture later. I was very excited because they are rare for our area. When it flew off another went with it but I didn't see the other one because it was further down the tree in some branches with leaves.

I'm always excited when something new shows up and I have my camera to catalogue it.

Attachments

• Black-bellied Whistling Duck.jpg
    Black-bellied Whistling Duck.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 42
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back