• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birdwatcher. (1 Viewer)

gw4aurora

In eclipse
This is the title of a new television series on ITV Wales at 7.30 tonight.

It is about bird migration in Wales.
I hope info is of use.

Regards,
Chris

A birdwatching program getting a prime time viewing slot! The tide is turning.

Cheers Chris,

I will look forward to not watching Eastenders tonight!

Hi, yes it is a series, and it is produced by Carlton Television, so I wonder if it will appear on the other ITV regions eventually? The programme was really interesting, although I missed the first 10 minutes, which I am really annoyed about! And what can I say - Dawn Balmer - fame at last! It was lovely to put a face to the posts on here!

Yes, there was some interesting stuff and good footage. It lacked the sensationalism/dumbing down of most wildlife programmes, so it probably won't make it onto national TV. A good way to spend half and hour.

Eagle said:
Robin
How did you see it ...I've got Cable...and its not in my package.
I have Sky and you can access all the regional ITV channels although they are not on the standard menu. If anyone is interested I could post some instructions.

robinm said:
I have Sky and you can access all the regional ITV channels although they are not on the standard menu. If anyone is interested I could post some instructions.

That would be most appretiated.

Jose

Accessing ITV Regions on Sky

ITV Regions cannot (unlike BBC regions) be accessed through the EPG on Sky. However, you can add them as Other Channels. Here are instruction to do this based on my standard Sky Didgbox and remote.

Press the Services button on the top of the remote.
Choose 4 System Setup
Choose 4 Add Channels
You now have to fill in the information asked for. Frequency is added with the numbers pad. The other 3 are chosen by using the left and right arrow keys.

If you put in the following:

H
5/6

and press Find Channels

after a short while you will be presented with a list of channels you can add. Select the ones you want by using the arrow keys to highlight and press the yellow button. A tick will appear next to the name. You can select a many as you want. Then press the Select key.

If you put in
H
5/6

you will be able to chose a further selection of ITV regions.

To watch a channel press Services then choose 6, then the channel you want.

Phew ! I hope this makes sense. Ask any questions and I will see what I can do.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back