• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Moseley Waxwings (1 Viewer)

UW82

A last minute diversion on my way home from an unsuccessful hunt for Dipper along the Bournbrook proved to be the right move. Nevertheless, I only had a couple of minutes after parking my car and noticing two women looking up into a berry bush. I had a hunch they might be looking at Waxwing: they occurred at Windermere Road, Moseley playing field car park a couple of years ago. Just enough time to get a record shot before a Fieldfare sent the two Waxwings packing.

Des.

Attachments

• P1140473 (1237x1083).jpg
    P1140473 (1237x1083).jpg
    620.3 KB · Views: 126
Seven Waxwings were seen early this morning (MJI), but none were seen late morning or early afternoon.

Des.

Report on Birdguides of Waxwing in 'Birmingham' at 13:15 today - anyone use Birdguides and can provide further info?

As per numerous reports, a substantial number of Waxwings have finally found their way to the berry trees in Windermere Road car park over at least the last two days.

52 present today around 1.30pm, being harried by a Mistle Thrush. I was told by those on site that they were attempting to feed for a few minutes a time, then leaving before returning a few minutes later, and that they'd done this at least five times in the preceding hour.

Most of the 50+ Waxwings early afternoon: a fine sight.

Des.

Attachments

• Waxwings.JPG
    Waxwings.JPG
    555 KB · Views: 117
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back