• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New leica bins ? (1 Viewer)

davidh

I went to buy some new bins ealier this week. i had set my heart on a new pair of Swarovski, but the assistant advised me to wait as Leica are about to announce some new models at the Rutland bird fair. Can anyone confirm this ?

They are bringing out zoom models. Totally inappropiate for birding. Go for the normal Leica's & you won't regret it.

Hi David, welcome to Birdforum from all the moderators and admin staff.... hope you enjoy the site.
I know that a couple of companies are showcasing new models, but was unaware that Leica had anything new to show (though the Duovid's will be fairly new).
In any case, you may as well wait for the bbwf to have a good look at all the offerings.
Regards,
Andy

Leica have not told dealers anything about new bins, however I did hear that a carbon fibre body and lighter optics may be a possibility in the not too distant future.

That may just be guess work as it did not come from anybody at Leica.

But I will be paying them a visit at the fair to see if they have anything new they neglected to tell me about:t:

Its strange how I have not seen my rep for months :storm: :-C :C

Only a week to go;)

davidh said:
I was told these new models where expected to compete with the Swarovski ELs.

Ah well, we'll have to see ............

Sometimes it is really interesting to go back to old threads or posts. This is the second time (the other one was about the forthcoming Zeiss Victory FL) I realize that those rumors always need to be taken seriously.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back