• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Exciting Spotting... (1 Viewer)

well at least for us it was. I did not think I would see much today and after spotting the three Wood Ducks the other day who stop at our local pond for one day (they came early this year) and finally getting some photos of em who would have thought we would have had such a wonderful sighting today!

A Great Horned Owl! Sadly I was driving at the time and there was no place to turn around to go back and try to get a photo. But all four folks in the car saw it sitting at the edge of the highway we where on. It was at the edge of the grass on the shoulder. Totally amazing and totally made my and my daughters day. I was amazed at how big it was. As to time of day it was about 2:30ish.

Well thanks for reading and letting me share. Hopefully I am posting in the right forum for this, if not sorry mods.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back